To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Durham, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Network Security Engineer
Apex Systems • Durham, NC
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client in the Raleigh, NC area is looking for a Security Engineer to join their team - if interested, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with a copy of your resume!
As a Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) Engineer, you will take an active role in a cross functional team, focused on planning and guiding the implementation of multiple product security assurance initiatives. This is a challenging position working in a very fast paced environment, with the opportunity to work collaboratively with like professionals in the Security, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Legal, and Global Services functions, and to positively influence greater business outcomes.
The role involves working with others who have a varying level of understanding of product security and how it impacts their functions. A successful candidate will be able to relate secure development to all levels of experience from senior leadership to entry-level engineers. The job requires the handling of sensitive information and requires exceptional judgment to protect company and customer interests.
- Define, commit, and track secure development lifecycle activities across the entire product development organization.
- Continually working to improve application security through new and adjusted methodology and tooling.
- Coordinate with engineers, serve as a project lead, and/or recognized as an expert in secure design, development, and delivery.
- Perform technical security assessments including threat modeling, attack surface analysis, security baseline analysis, security requirements/architectural review, code review, and final security reviews and recommendations.
- Identify and communicate project scope and ensure program milestones and objectives are met.
- Keep management informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results.
- Ensure that projects adhere to efficient processes and initiate process and tooling improvements as needed.
- Provide recommendations on remediation approaches that strike the right balance across business deliverables.
- Develop security satellites as leaders within individual product teams. Serve as a mentor for security satellites as well as junior engineers on the Product Security team.
- Assist with other tasks as needed, including maintenance of internal development tools for Product Security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in most aspects of a Secure Development Lifecycle, including: code review, Software Composition Analysis, detecting and mitigating common weaknesses, static analysis, web app scanning, fuzzing, threat modeling, and architectural review
- Penetration testing experience is a desirable.
- Experience in storage (block/file/object), databases, or other distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of common networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, DNS, HTTP, TLS).
- Proven experience in working collaboratively and leading engineering teams in secure software development.
- Strong understanding of third-party and open source software integration and usage methodology.
- Minimum 2 years of software development experience in 2 or more of: C, C++, C# & Java. Must be well-versed in common security patterns and vulnerabilities in these languages.
- Development skills in one or more interpreted languages
- Knowledgeable in common software patterns, data structures & algorithms, and development methodologies. Proven ability to quickly pick-up new languages, frameworks, and codebases.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience is required. 5 to 7 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have led and completed multiple complex projects.
- OSCP is highly desirable
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178