Job Description Summary
Manages the daily financial activities and functions for an organization including accounting, budget, credit, insurance, tax, and treasury. Ensures all financial operations are in compliance with governmental rules and regulations. Forecasts and manages a cash flow that meets the needs of the company. Provides guidance to managers in financial reporting objectives and standards to ensure accurate, compliant and useful financial reporting is produced. Oversees the budget process and works with managers to produce and manage effective budgets. Acts as an advisor to management on regulations and other matters that may impact the financial activities of the company, engaging with outside consultants if applicable.
The Senior Manager of Finance will lead the finance support to our core operational strategies for retail business in multi-billion dollars. The primary objective of a Senior Manager of Finance is to serve as a proactive strategic business challenger and partner leading all aspects of FP&A, decision support, revenue generation, cost control and margin improvement. This position is responsible for helping create long-term financial and operational strategies as well as managing the near term performance. This position plays a critical role in driving ownership, accountability and financial horsepower into the business through financial planning, forecasting, measuring, interpreting and implementing key performance metrics and analytics.
In addition, this position is expected to play a key role in leading cross functional initiatives to capitalize on areas of opportunities and is expected to work collaboratively across the organization. This position will help guide the senior leadership team in the areas of business performance and financial discipline; and also provide analytical rigor to all business related strategies, initiatives and activities in order to maximize value, minimize risks and help make better decisions. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer with demonstrated leadership and communication skills necessary to effectively articulate critical financial information, influence management decision making, and deliver results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the planning, forecasting and analysis activities across multiple business units. Identify key performance metrics for each business unit, and regularly measure against those metrics to ensure the organization is focused on achieving results as planned.
- Analyze assumptions used to develop the Company’s key strategic initiatives to validate their potential to produce adequate financial return, the impact they will have on operations, and the likelihood of fulfilling long-term strategic expectations. Provide recommendations for modifications to key initiatives where appropriate.
- Identify potential risks and provide proactive solutions as key initiatives are implemented. Develop reports & insights to Company leaders regarding major accomplishments as well as areas of opportunities to improve financial performance.
- Build, develop, manage and maintain competent, engaged and highly motivated analysts and managers. Develop the financial and business acumen of direct reports, especially as it relates to the business area they primarily support.
- Analyze specific areas within business units that are not generating results according to plan. Partner with business leaders to estimate the financial performance of new programs under consideration. Aid in prioritizing strategies and initiatives within each business area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experienced financial leader with proven track record of FP&A, analyzing business issues and making appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to roll up sleeves with comfort to navigate through complex systems, work with a large volume of data, model business cases and provide recommendation for operational execution.
- Fast learner with intellectual curiosity to expand and deepen business, retail and financial knowledge.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving ability and analytical skillset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to create and deliver compelling presentations to all levels of management.
- Strategic thinker to work collaboratively and drive cross-functional initiatives and strategies.
- Proficient in cultivating key business relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to lead, champion, and be a catalyst for change.
- Ability to influence leaders and constructively manage conflict.
- Acts with the highest level of integrity/honestly, and instills trust in others.
- Ability to mentor and develop people, lead engaged teams, and inspire confidence in others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance (or related field) required;
- MBA or equivalent preferred; and
- 5-7 years of Finance experience with progressive responsibilities (in retail or multiple-unit business preferred); or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position indirectly supervises 2-3 Finance Managers/Analysts.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required. CPA or CFA or CMA preferred.
Complex Problem Solving