To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Triangle, VA
- Govind Sharma
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
ECS Federal, LLC • Triangle, VA
Posted 2 months ago
ECS is seeking a Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to work in our Quantico, VA office.
ECS is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) with DIACAP and/or RMF experience who has deep expertise in security assessment documentation to support DoD systems and efforts to achieve their Authorization to Operate (ATO).
The scope of this position includes full life-cycle Assessment and Authorization (A&A) management through all 6 Steps of the RMF process in support of the Government ISSM.
In this role you will:
- Conduct security assessment, and information system security oversight activities in accordance with NIST 800.53 that support systems from the perspective RMF requirements.
- Review systems to identify potential security weaknesses and recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, implement changes, and document upgrades.
- Maintain responsibility for managing cybersecurity risk from an organizational perspective.
- Identify organizational risks, prioritize those risks, and maintain a risk registry for escalating and presenting those risks to senior leadership.
- Provide security guidance and IS validation using National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) RMF, DoD, and local security policies.
- Provide configuration management (CM) recommendations for information system security software, hardware, and firmware and coordinating changes and modifications with the ISSM, Security Control Assessor (SCA), and Authorizing Official (AO).
- Maintaining vulnerability scanning tool compliance, such as HBSS or ACAS and patch management, such as IAVM to ensure IT staff pushes patches to all systems in an effort to maintain compliance with all applicable directives, managing system changes, and assessing the security impact of those changes.
- Support security authorization activities, including transitioning from the legacy Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) to compliance with the DoD RMF.
- Must have a Bachelors degree
- Must have U.S. Citizenship
- Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience as an Information Assurance (IA) Analyst, ISSE, ISSO, or similar role in ATO package development, including generating security documentation for requirements, security control assessment, STIG and IAVA compliance, Standard Operating Procedures, test results, etc.
- MCCAST or eMASS experience
- Professional security certification such as: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CompTIA Security+ CE, SSCP or higher
- Strong desktop publishing skills using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Master's Degree in cybersecurity or information technology
- CISSP, CASP, or similar certificate is preferred
- Strong initiative, detail orientation, organizational skills, aptitude for analytical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent work ethic and a high commitment to quality
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.