Azurity Pharmaceuticals is a privately held, specialty pharmaceutical company that focuses on innovative products that meet the needs of underserved patients. As an industry leader in providing unique, accessible, and high-quality medications, Azurity leverages its integrated capabilities and vast partner network to continually expand its broad commercial product portfolio and robust late-stage pipeline. The company's patient-centric products span the cardiovascular, neurology, endocrinology, gastro-intestinal, institutional, and orphan markets, and have benefited millions of patients. For more information, visit www.azurity.com.
Azurity Pharmaceuticals is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Azurity's success is attributable to our incredibly talented, dedicated team that focuses on benefiting the lives of patients by bringing the best science and commitment to quality into everything that we do. We seek highly motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in our organization.
The Strategic Finance team leads evaluating, negotiating, and executing divestitures and mergers & acquisitions. This key role will work closely with our deal leads and executive team to drive financial modeling, due diligence, integration planning and execution.
This role is responsible for assisting with the transactions associated with pharmaceutical companies, assessment of potential acquisition targets, developing financial and benchmark analyses, coordinating due diligence and supporting negotiations and effectively engaging key internal & external stakeholders. This position requires strategic thinking, strong business acumen, communication and influencing skills and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will be strategically minded, team orientated, and analytically excellent. Experience translating raw financial and operating data into concise, informative reports to communicate and explain results in plain language is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assist with licensing, merger & acquisitions, divestitures, and commercial partnership deals related to pharmaceuticals, while working closely with internal research & development, commercial, legal, operations and financial experts to conduct evaluation, due diligence, and initial plans for proposed transaction. This includes leading/supporting the overall product or service evaluation process, clinical/scientific assessments, evaluation of the commercial opportunity, analysis of the competitive landscape, and financial modeling.
* Facilitate due diligence efforts and own data collection activities and partner with cross-functional team members to ensure timely and accurate analysis delivery.
* Build and maintain valuation, statistical and financial models that incorporate industry standard information sources, valuation methods, and statistically relevant data.
* Create dynamic financial forecast models based on the requirements laid out by CFO, related to acquisition and divestitures.
* Prepare valuation models with M&A standards. Key analyses include Return on Invest Capital (ROIC), accretion/dilution analysis, discounted cash flow analysis, comparable transactions analysis, and comparable company analysis
* Support development of board presentation and memos
* 2-3 years of equivalent experience in life sciences or healthcare investment banking, venture capital, private equity, or management consulting (strategy or finance)
* Deep modeling familiarity, including proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint (or equivalent)
* Able to manage multiple initiatives and long-term projects simultaneously
* Facilitation and interpersonal skills to engage with cross-functional and cross-border teams
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to sit for long periods of time
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; talk and/or hear
* May occasionally climb stairs and/or ride elevators
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
* Employee must be able to manipulate keyboard, operate a telephone and hand-held devices
* Other miscellaneous job duties as required
* Occasional travel (up to 5-10%) may be required
The California Consumer Privacy Act regulates privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States. For details, click here.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information from individuals who live in the European Union (EU).
- Clinical Works
- Commercial Awareness
- Computer Keyboards
- Data Collection