To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA 94103
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vice President of Acquisitions
AutoCamp • San Francisco, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Do you love the outdoors? Are you a resourceful 'MacGyver' who always finds a way to get it done? If so, then we invite you to apply to AutoCamp to join our adventure.
AutoCamp is seeking a Vice-President of Acquisitions to join the team, and to help us lead the company in achieving its aggressive growth objectives to expand into major markets in North America and internationally. The person in this role will report directly to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and will be a key member of the leadership team, building the real estate portfolio and helping to shape the companys expansion strategy. You will identify and acquire real estate suitable for development, repositioning, and conversion. AutoCamp is poised for rapid expansion with capital commitments in excess of $200M for the next 2-3 years.
AutoCamp is a lifestyle hotel brand that is changing the way people experience the great outdoors. We provide an upscale, hassle-free, and comfortable experience in the worlds top outdoor destinations we call it Outdoor Hospitality.
Sound good? Wed love to hear from you. Be sure to attach both a resume and a cover letter telling us about your relevant experience and salary requirements. Resumes without a cover letter will be crumpled up and used as campfire kindling.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Sourcing deal opportunities that align with the companys growth and objectives for the brand.
- Building, developing, and managing a team of professionals to source and negotiate deal opportunities.
- Overseeing financial and feasibility analysis, diligence, and presentation of investments to the investment committee.
- Leading real estate negotiations with selling landowners; JV negotiations with partners; and closing of real estate transactions.
- Developing relationships with developers and potential joint venture partners to source and develop properties suitable for AutoCamp.
- Overseeing the due diligence, conceptual design, entitlement, and feasibility analysis process for all potential acquisition opportunities.
- Cultivating relationships with park and campground officials at local, state and federal governmental organizations.
- Cataloging, preparing, and submitting requests for proposals for concession/management opportunities at city, county, state, and national parks/forests.
- Building relationships with private landowners and owners of portfolios of RV Parks, Campgrounds, and wineries.
- Building teams of acquisitions professionals to uncover opportunities at strategic locations domestically and abroad.
- Performing analytical studies to demonstrate the feasibility of the business plan for new acquisitions analyzing the impact of AutoCamps entry and/or expansion into key markets.
- Pursuing opportunities for the acquisition and negotiation of management contracts.
- Working closely with the CDO to understand the companys strategic goals and how they translate to the acquisition of new properties.
- Ability to travel, primarily domestically, up to 50% of the time.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned by the CDO, as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum ten years of experience in real estate finance, including, specifically, commercial real estate acquisitions and negotiations.
- A minimum of three years experience in the hospitality industry and in acquisitions is desired.
- Understanding of the real estate entitlement process and ideally 3-5 years of experience working with local governmental agencies to gain development project approvals.
- Experience identifying and qualifying leads to close real estate acquisition and management contract deals is important.
- A deep and experiential understanding of all parts of the deal process for a variety of transaction types including fee simple acquisitions, ground leases, management contracts, joint ventures, etc.
- Strong networking skills and established reputation among industry peers and colleagues.
- Comfortable and confident leveraging existing relationships and forging new ones to source off-market deal opportunities.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Highly analytical and strong Excel modeling skills.
- Ability to manage support personnel, as well as work closely with the senior leadership team across functions.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent is required.
- Business concentration and/or the study and understanding of finance and operations, as well as a concentration in hospitality studies is desirable.
- MBA or Masters Degree preferred.
THE RIGHT PERSON WILL..
- Think at a strategic level, and will also be comfortable operating as a doer and getting into the details.
- Work independently and effectively lead a team
- Make themselves visible at industry conferences, present themselves professionally and good naturedly to partners and the public.
- Work to build strong, trustful and cooperative relations with the senior leadership team.
- Be instrumental in growing the business.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.