To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pontotoc, OK 74820
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse TFP I, FT - Ada
Mercy • Pontotoc, OK
Posted 27 days ago
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. We have opportunities for nurses who are inspired to pioneer new models of care and want to transform the healthcare experience. Work with advanced technology and innovative procedures. Be state of the art, and never stop exploring. We’re expanding to help our communities grow, offering an exceptional opportunity to join our team.
- We require a nursing degree from an accredited school.
- You’ll also need a current RN license in our state.
- Basic life support training should be completed in 90 days with advanced training required at certain intervals.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Getting respect doesn’t come easy in healthcare. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care-that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
Licensure: Current Oklahoma licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) required.
Experience: RN with one (1) year medical-surgical and/or operating room recent experience. Recent is defined as being within the last two (2) years. New Graduates are not eligible.
Certifications: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) required. ACLS, PALS and NRP certification must be obtained prior to working in areas that require applicable certification. All certifications must be maintained in a current status.
Other: Demonstrated excellent clinical competence, interpersonal team-building, collaboration, negotiation, problem-solving, as well as spoken and written communication skills. Must be able to safely and successfully perform job-related functions, with or without reasonable accommodation required by federal, state, or local law.
Preferred Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
Preferred Experience: More than two (2) years of medical-surgical and/or operating room experience.
- Utilizes the nursing process to develop and implement a comprehensive plan of care for the patient/family which promotes optimal health, healing or dignified end of life.
- Demonstrates technical and professional knowledge to orchestrate safe care to patients.
- Evaluates critical situations, weighs pertinent information, and makes appropriate decisions independently. Assumes leadership role in emergency situations and responds calmly and quickly.
- Responsible for overseeing the care and services provided by ancillary and other professional personnel to optimize patient care and comfort.
- Develops and maintains a collaborative relationship with physicians and interdepartmental personnel as they relate to the care of the patient.
- Addresses call lights and alarms in a timely manner.
- Recognizes patient safety needs and follows all policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Will follow policies and procedures, rules and regulations as set forth by Mercy Ada.
- Float staff will be subject to the same orientation process as all other nursing personnel relative to the area for which they could assigned.
- Float staff are required to attend all mandatory in-services, staff meetings, and are encouraged to attend any available education programs offered at Mercy Ada.
- Float staff must maintain a current telephone number on file with their manager and Human Resources.
- Must obtain BLS for all units; ACLS, PALS and NRP certification must be obtained prior to working in areas that require applicable certification. All certifications must be maintained in a current status.
- Floatable to Peri-operative areas, cardiac catheterization lab, out-patient infusion, PICC team, radiology, endoscopy, wound care.
- Must obtain and maintain competency in areas for which co-worker floats. One shift per month may be requested in each area to ensure competency.
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.