- Identify and select the best technical solutions and approaches to meet anticipated or actual acquisition requirements
- Lead solution design and the development of key artifacts including, but not limited to architectural models, process diagrams, concepts of operation, etc.
- Develop unsolicited technical recommendations, collateral to engage prospective customers and position GDIT to win
- Collaborate with GDIT technical service areas and lines of business to identify and bring the best technical and business strategies and solutions to differentiate GDIT
- Contribute to teaming strategies including identifying and vetting potential partners
- Develop cost strategies, LOEs/BOEs/BOMs, and associated rationale
- Participate in the review of system enhancement requests and new business requirements submitted by the customers, and work with application architects, information security and IT engineers to design solutions and determine level of effort and impact to service delivery and operations
- Function as technical liaison with the client, developers, project managers and system engineers to gather consensus on solution and assist in execution of deliverables
- Provide technical oversight throughout the project lifecycle, from planning and design to implementation and operational transition
- Follow formal methodology and ITIL practices where appropriate; create and maintain architectural artifacts (Conceptual/Logical Technology Models) and documentation for all SDLC environments
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery solutions for each Program are adequate to meet DR SLAs
- Ensure system changes comply with HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and other federal and state regulatory requirements
- Participate in Change Management process, to review all configuration changes and provide Architecture approval
- THIS IS NOT YET A FUNDED ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of experience
- 8-10 years of integration and deployment experience in Large Data Centers
- Experience in leading technical teams including defining architectural roadmap to meet business goals and end to end solutions
- Solid industry experience in end-to-end cloud based solution design and development of Microservices,
- Strong, articulate communication skills knowing the right level of technical detail to include for multiple audiences (executives, vendors, contractors)Knowledge of common application design patterns in regards to infrastructure impacts, such as SOA, web services, messaging, n-tier architecture
- Expertise and/or deep understanding of VMWare-based virtualized infrastructure operations
- Expertise and/or deep understanding of Cisco-based LAN/WAN networking and network virtualization
- Strong familiarity with storage technologies: SAN, NAS, enterprise-class storage solutions, storage virtualization, enterprise backup and recovery systems
- Strong familiarity with various data and storage replication solutions
- Strong familiarity with Windows Server editions and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating systems
- Familiarity with Information Security concepts and best practices
- Work independently and be able to build solid solutions based on standard program processes.
- DHS EOD is required
- ITIL V3 certified (Foundations or better)
- AWS Certification a plus
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.