Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
This is a Wind Tech III role (senior) for our Red Dirt Wind site in Hennessey OK.
Wind turbine technicians inspect, troubleshoot, install components and repair wind turbines and turbine internal and external components such as controllers. They review manuals and schematic diagrams to determine the tasks, tools, equipment and parts needed. A Tech III will typically be a strong troubleshooter and required to return turbines to service after faults in a timely manner.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Complete all scheduled maintenance for mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical equipment in a timely manner to maximize generation
• Install, test, maintain and troubleshoot minor components and assist with some major components
• Perform current and voltage calculations as necessary
• Initiate reports and records associated with maintenance and repairs.
• Complete Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO), JSA’s, and job specific documentation that is required to conduct maintenance and repairs in the safest manner possible.
• Proactively look for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures
• Perform data collection and prepare reports in order to meet reporting requirements
• Mentor lower level technicians
• Perform balance of plant and switchyard work as required
• Working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
• Support regional Wind Maintenance activities, as needed
• Assist with QA/QC activities
• Work in conjunction with Technical Support for proactive repairs
• Comply with all HSEQ policies and procedures (ISO9001/ISO14001/ISO18001)
• Assist with inventory control as needed
• At times may assist with BOP activities
• Participate in on-the-job training and other training off site
• Complete all required training in a satisfactory manner and timeframe
Who You Are:
This position will mentor lower level, more junior technicians.
3+ years of relevant work experience in wind energy or
B.S. Degree (electrical or technical) and at least 1+ year’s related experience and/or training
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to use electrical test equipment such as, DMM, meggers and multi process calibration equipment
• Strong knowledge in electrical theory and troubleshooting techniques
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, SQL Server software, facility management and reporting systems, and computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools
• Familiarity with maintenance and electronic testing equipment (e.g., voltage testers, amp clamps, hydraulic torque equipment, alignment tools, and various hand and power tools) and with heavy equipment required for facility maintenance including working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
• Experience with wind farm operations and maintenance
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- A clean driving record means in the last 3 years, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offenses, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents.
- In the last 5 years, no major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, refusal to test, leaving the scene, driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or at-fault fatal accident.
• Ability to work around low- and medium-voltage equipment
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of time to other operational sites within the US as needed
• Ability and willingness to respond to site emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as needed
• Ability to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
• While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to reasonable hot/cold ambient weather conditions prevalent at any given time.
• Ability to climb turbine towers 100+ meters in height approximately 5-15 times per week, or as needed
• Comfortable working at heights of 300 feet or more in confined spaces and the ability to perform essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; this includes working in scissor lifts, lifting 50 lbs. on a daily continuous basis sometimes overhead, meeting the weight requirement of safety gear, 310 lbs. or less., and working in PPE such as arc flash suits/facemasks and high voltage gloves for extended periods of time.
• Other hazardous conditions include: exposure to energized electrical equipment and exposure to rotating equipment.
• The work requires climber pass a physical fitness test upon hiring
• Ability to work long hours in a wind turbine without the need to come down often
What Enel Offers You:
•Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .
- Attention To Detail
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Confined Spaces
- Data Collection