To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- La Plata, MD 20646
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PC Maintenance Tech II
University of Maryland Medical System • La Plata, MD
Posted 1 month ago
I. General Summary
The PC Maintenance Technician II will be responsible for installing, diagnosing/troubleshooting technical issues, and providing hardware break fix support for the computer systems and peripheral equipment located throughout the hospitals (UMMC and UMMC Midtown).
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
- Independently install and locate computer equipment, such as PCs, thin client terminals, printers, and other associated hardware that ensures access to electricity, network in accordance with departmental procedures, technical, operating and assembling manuals.
- Provides Tier I problem analysis and masters base knowledge of assigned applications, hardware and network to support clinical and business environments.
- Performs technical downloads and PC configurations.
- Resolves and escalates service requests when necessary.
- Utilizes the Ticket Tracking application to log and update all service requests accurately i.e. ITSM, Remedy, Cherwell
- Troubleshoots moderately complex technical issues and assists endusers with various systems issues including Microsoft, PC/Laptop/Mobile, printer, software, hardware, and network connectivity issues.
- Provides advanced IT tiered support by obtaining and providing appropriate information for all escalated issues.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of IT equipment and documenting all repairs/installs appropriatly
- Coordinates activities, times, schedules, with suppliers and contractors in regard to the installation, operation, maintenance and evaluation of user locations for data equipment ensuring problems are addressed appropriately and timely with UMMS standards and procedures.
- Collects and analyzes real-time trending information.
What You Need to Be Successful:
III. Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required. Bachelor's Degree preffered
- 2 years of experience troubleshooting desktop equipment, performing hardware break/fix and supporting Windows Operating Systems
- Experience configuring IP Addresses
- Expereince supporting various types of printers
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.