Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
- Patient discharge and medical records processing
- Document Capture and process medical records from Huntington Hospital
- Obtain, maintain, and update records within the system
- Scan and save documents electronically and save to EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system
- Utilize Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to maintain inventory records
- Performs word processing and various other clerical duties for department as assigned
- Team rotation to pick up records from Huntington Hospital medical records office, generally once or twice a week per team member
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Clerical and / or Data Entry experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (ability to create spreadsheets and input data within cells)
- Ability to travel up to 10% and pick up medical records from the Huntington Hospital, usually once or twice per week
- Ability to work 37.5 hours a week during the hours of operation Monday through Friday starting between 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Knowledge and / or experience with hospital EMR
- Prior HIM experience
- Candidate must be willing to work hard and be dedicated to Customer Service
- Must be able to work within a team environment and contribute to the team
- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal skills
- Must be able and willing to multi - task on multiple things
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift 30 lbs - medical record documents in boxes
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Entry Clerk - Huntington, NY
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Entry Clerk - Huntington, NY
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Clerk, Huntington, NY, New York, UnitedHealth Group, Data Entry, Accounts Receivable, invoices, payments, reporting, hospital billing, medical, hiring immediately, #rpo