Jacobs has an opening for a Network Designer with an active TS/SCI Polygraph in the Herndon, VA area. The candidate will perform a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies within a single network. Duties include:
- Plans new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance.
- Provides support in the translation of business requirements into network requirements, designs and orders. The overarching security requirements for the customer network add to the complexity of these positions. Majority effort is in the design phase for new projects and supporting troubleshooting issues.
- Maintains network and security hardware and software as a member of Tier 4. May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
- Provides support to projects that involve networks. May require installation and configuration to support the organization’s local area network (LAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- May evaluate new network technologies into the existing network; in concert with sister organizations.
- Attend technical exchange meetings to consult with clients, Project Managers and System Administrators to gather information and determine customer requests
- Design, configure, and test network and security hardware and software solutions
- Document network drawings in Microsoft Visio detailing current and future network configuration changes
- Design and optimize network performance and topologies
- Produce Microsoft Power Point presentations outlining network infrastructure and proposed enhancements for the Network Engineering Review Boards
- Research, test and configure new network equipment in a lab setup before deploying at customer site
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security measures to protect data, software and hardware
- Prepare script configuration files for Cisco devices; including firewalls, routers, switches and vendor devices
- Provide installation instructions and procedures to assist with troubleshooting for Maintenance support groups
•Active TS/SCI with Poly Required
•Demonstrated technical expertise in engineering systems design and analysis
•In depth knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
•Experience in Customer’s onsite systems: ESMT, JIRA, ServiceNow
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
Installations (Computer Systems)