AMG White Oak Pavilion
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Adventist Healthcare is hiring a Full Time Medical Assistant (MA) for our AMG Cardiovascular Specialist office in Silver Spring, Maryland. We're offering sign-on bonuses up to $500.00.
We're seeking an experienced Medical Assistant (MA) who will embrace our mission to extend God's acre through the ministry of physical, mental, and spiritual healing.
As a Medical Assistant (MA) you will:
* Ensure that patient charts are complete prior to the Provider seeing the patient
* Clean and stock patient exam rooms, order medical supplies, and ensure that all medical equipment receives the required routine maintenance and is maintained in an orderly fashion.
* Ensure that patients are triaged and seen in accordance to office policy.
* Ensure that every patient receives excellent service and quality care.
* Fill in at any other position in the office as required to ensure excellent patient service
Qualified candidates will possess:
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Medical Assistant course completion diploma/certification required
* Medical Assistant Certification (NHA) preferred or must be obtained within 6 months of hire
* Experience in a cardiology setting is preferred.
* Blood Pressure and EKG experience required
* Phlebotomy certification preferred
* 1-year experience preferred
* Strong customer service skills
* Ability to handle a multi-task environment; strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work within a team environment and enhance the working relationship within that team
* Basic PC skills
* Medical Terminology
* Good verbal and written communication skills
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
* Work life balance through non rotating shifts
* Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
* Free Employee parking
* Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3-year vesting)
* 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
* 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Full Time Position. M-F 8:30am-5:00pm
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at an designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.
- Blood Pressure
- Customer Service