You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy (HFCA) -- About Us
Founded in 2004, Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy is a tuition-free, non-profit, public charter high school open to all students in the City of Milwaukee. We serve over 320 scholars, most of whom reside on the north side of Milwaukee, receive free and reduced lunch, and will be the first in their families to attend college when they attend.
Our mission is to send our scholars to and through college and we engage them in a vibrant culture of mentoring, challenging academics, and early college experiences. From day one every scholar is engaged in college and career exploration that culminates in apprenticeships and early workplace opportunities. This year, 23% of eligible students earned college credit through dual enrollment opportunities at our partner schools — UWM, MATC, WCTC, Gateway and Herzing.
Our college-going culture gets results: 100% of our graduates have been accepted into college since 2012. We do more than prepare our scholars for higher education. We believe in and support our scholars' college aspirations and, through our familial environment, nurture within them the tools each needs to persist through any obstacles.
Our Strategic Plan – Member Centric, Innovation, Solutions. Our five-year strategic plan guides all of our activities. It helps us focus on our priorities and provides measurable standards of our performance. The plan leverages the best of our past experiences and the knowledge about where the industry needs to go in the future. We have 3 critical organizational goals that will help us achieve our vision and mission.
Our Scholars and Families:
- Over 325 scholars, most of whom are AfricanAmerican, low-income, potential first-generation college students.
- 90% qualify for free and reduced lunch.
- Many scholars enter high school with a belief that college is not attainable for them; HFCA prides itself on changing that paradigm.
- Most HFCA scholars live purpose-filled lives after graduation.
Our Mission and Vision:
Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy’s mission is to nurture scholars capable of transforming their world, by sending them to and through college. Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy’s vision is to produce responsible leaders through academic mastery, community focused education and the fostering of lifelong learning in any environment.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who views the world and opportunity of the Executive Assistant in the same way that we do.
As the Executive Assistant to the CEO, you will have a far-reaching impact that gives you a front-row seat to the inner-workings of a high-growth, high performing Academy. This partnership with the CEO, the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors is critical and requires engagement at the business level, a deep understanding of HFCA’s services and positioning in the marketplace, confidentiality, sound judgment on behalf of the CEO and a supreme bias for action and optimization.
This is a challenging growth opportunity for a professional in the greater Milwaukee area who is a bright, get-things-done, proactive and service-oriented person. No task is too small or too big for you to take on. You take pride in delivering the highest quality work product and finding efficiencies in your role. You will support and work alongside an incredibly busy CEO and a talented team of executives, educators, students, and families. You enjoy working with different personalities and prioritize a multitude of competing demands with ease. The ideal candidate can confidently run executive staff meetings, Board of Director meetings, effectively manage agendas, prep, and logistics, and navigate complex calendaring, with an ability to gracefully context-switch between all scenarios with ease. As a trusted member of the team, you will be a confidante on all topics relating to strategy, growth, operations, prioritization, and feedback.
- Direct support to the CEO on enterprise and key strategic matters.
- Support to the CEO, including heavy calendar management and prioritization, travel, expense reports, vendor management, and any other tasks needed to maximize team productivity.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office while diplomatically guarding the CEO’s time to ensure focus is on the most pressing priorities.
- Represent the CEO by email and phone with internal and external stakeholders including clients, prospects and C-level executives and other partners.
- Build cross-functional internal relationships, representing the office of the CEO.
- Serves as the CEO's liaison to the Board of Directors and oversees the administration of the Board i.e.. Reporting, meeting minutes.
- Own and continuously improve company operating cadence (e.g., executive team meetings, quarterly business reviews, leadership offsites).
- Ongoing reporting and monitoring on enterprise and key strategic initiatives.
- Lead, organize, and manage executive-level special projects to explore and implement changes across our business in conjunction with functional leaders.
- Prepare and follow up on meetings; prepare leaders for upcoming meetings by ensuring they have all the information necessary to be productive and engaged.
- Act as a key partner on special projects as needed.
- As partner to CEO draft reports, decks, and presentations as necessary
- Represent the office of the CEO with confidentiality, professionalism, and efficiency.
You will bring with you to this role:
- Previous project management, chief of staff and administrative experience (8+ years), ideally supporting a CEO.
- You are a self-starter with a track record for seamlessly executing quickly on complex projects with minimal guidance.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, Sharepoint, and Outlook.
- Strong critical thinker, problem solver with an ability to think strategically.
- Organized and detail-oriented - you must love creating order out of chaos.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills. You are both a talented writer and articulate speaker, able to convey complex ideas and communicate with clarity, confidence, and authority. You always come across as professional with consideration for the right tone for any audience or situation.
- Master of logistics with an eye for detail. You never drop the ball on calendar management, email correspondence, travel, or logistics. You are comfortable managing agendas for critical meetings, taking notes, and following-up on the status of any actions needed from the meeting.
- Ability to anticipate. You have a special knack for “seeing around corners”. You anticipate needs before they arise, and make sure any meetings attendees - be it the CEO or the Executive Leadership team members meeting with the CEO - are prepared and able to make meetings both efficient and successful.
- Ensure delegation and prioritization. You have a crystal-clear understanding of the CEO’s top priorities and how those drive company performance and culture. You act as the initial filter on the CEO’s time and attention, ensuring their focus remains on task, while avoiding the stigma of gatekeeper.
- Utmost discretion. You have a strong sense of integrity and maintain total confidentiality, both internally and externally.
- Confident and able to handle interpersonal relationships professionally, judiciously, and empathetically.
- Experience organizing team events and offsite events.
- Intellectual curiosity paired with a high growth-mindset.
- Constantly learning. You have a natural curiosity for how things work and are always looking to grow both your core skills and your broader knowledge base. You are comfortable giving and receiving direct, actionable feedback.
- Adaptable enough to take on additional responsibilities as business needs grow.
This exciting role will appeal to individuals who have leadership experience and subject matter expertise, combined with entrepreneurial spirit, drive and passion and who would be excited to join us at this critical point in our evolution.
Compensation: Annual salary ranges from $60,000 to $80,000 based on background and experience.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please contact Dr. Marcus C. Robinson, Chief Executive Officer at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Executive Assistant to the CEO.
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: LI04-10440_3535463171
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.