You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Ascent Classical Academies is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide critical support to the Executive Director in a corporate office environment and to oversees other special projects. ACA is a dynamic education company that establishes and operates classical, K-12 charter schools and is engaged in other entrepreneurial initiatives. Currently, with a workforce of approximately 200 dedicated teachers, gifted administrators, and seasoned professionals, ACA serves over 1,700 children in several schools located across Colorado and is expanding to South and North Carolina. The organization operates using the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), a framework for achieving systematic and continuous traction toward the goals and the vision of the business.
The ideal individual will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.Executive Support
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director and other key staff including managing an extremely active calendar; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Executive Director's schedule is followed and respected, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Executive Director's time.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director, with Board members, donors, staff, and others.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the corporate office and school sites, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Executive Director updated.
- Serves as project manager on strategic initiatives and projects, as directed by the Executive Director, in support of the mission of Ascent Classical Academies and related initiatives.
- Manages and organizes corporate files.
- Has experience or interest in office and organizational productivity tools and systems like Getting Things Done and Entrepreneurship Operating System (EOS).
- Serves a key role in initiatives to increase team efficiency and increase the organizations capacity to support clients.
- Helps manage the company's online brand and presence.
- Helps process invoices and enter them into the ACA accounting system as needed.
- Assists in the development of charter applications and grants and work to establish new schools and programs.
- Serves as the Executive Director's administrative liaison to the Ascent Classical Academy Charter School's governing board.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Adheres to applicable rules and regulations in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Maintains records of the governing board, including minutes, by-laws, member bios and board commitment forms.
- Participates as a member of staff including scheduling and attending all meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior staff meetings.
- Takes notes at each staff meeting and provides recap of action items.
Ascent Classical Academies is a growing K-12 classical charter school network based in Colorado. Our schools offer an American Classical Education and are affiliated with the Barney Charter School Initiative at Hillsdale College. Ascent Classical Academy Charter Schools currently serve approximately 1,700 students in K-12 campuses located in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of Colorado, with significant expansion planned throughout Colorado and the Carolinas. Ascent Classical Academy schools offer a well-rounded liberal arts and classical education grounded in virtue and supporting the ideas and philosophy behind the American Founding.
Schedule and Classification: Full-Time Exempt Year-Round
Compensation Range: $45,000 - $60,000 annually
- Employee-only coverage for group medical, dental, and vision plan; dependent coverage available
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance plans
- Retirement investment account with employer match
- Paid time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act and Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Free employee benefit and healthcare guidance through HealthJoy
- On site fitness center
- A resume or CV. Once uploaded, your work and educational history will be automatically populated into your application. You will have an opportunity to check, correct, or augment it later in the application process.
- A cover letter introducing yourself, your background, your interest in working with Ascent Classical Academies, and why you believe you would succeed in this position.
- A 400-500 word statement on your philosophy of education. Please ensure you have researched our instructional approach and are familiar with our mission, vision, the purpose of a classical education.
- For teaching positions (or other positions as desired and if relevant) please also include your unofficial transcripts.
- Bachelor's degree strongly desired.
- Strong work tenure with five to 10 years of experience supporting leaders.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications and fundraising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Google Suite, and CRM systems.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships, including with staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, adapt to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3981824568
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.