Allergy Nurse LPN/RN
Millennium Physician Group
LPN $25+ RN $35+ (Based on Experience)
Plus Sign-on Bonus ($1500)
The Allergy Nurse is responsible for the performance of selected acts, including the administration of treatments and medications, in the care of the ill, injured, or infirm and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others under the direction of a licensed physician. The Allergy Nurse is responsible for making decisions based upon the individual's educational preparation and experience in nursing. The Allergy Nurse also perform more specialized duties, including allergy tests, pulmonary function, and skin tests, talks with patients about symptom management, and preparing/administering medications like allergy serums and injections. S/he is responsible for ensuring patient care is delivered safely, effectively, and efficiently. S/he may administer medications, perform assessments, take vitals, and promotes good health through education and counseling in the care and prevention of illness and injury. S/he is responsible for accurate documentation of patient information according to license, assisting with procedures, data collection, autoclaving of instruments, keeping rooms sanitary, safe operation of medical equipment, entering orders, and handling prescriptions/prescription refills directed by the physician. Must maintain high level of confidentiality. Demonstrates all qualities associated with providing an exemplary patient experience for all patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts
- Performs allergy tests as directed by the physician
- Mixes vials for patients and gives scheduled injections
- May performs venipunctures, collects routine laboratory specimens as directed by the physician, performs basic laboratory procedures, administers basic first aid, assists with or performing aseptic procedures
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments; Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- May perform other tests if trained: i.e., Operates x-ray, electrocardiograph (EKG), Holter Monitors, nerve conduction, and PFT
- Gives injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests if trained
- Schedules appointments, receive money for bills, keeps x-ray and other medical records, performs secretarial tasks, and completes appropriate forms
- Keys data accurately into the computer to maintain office and patient records with no errors
- Keeps charts prepared and ready for physician and patient
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and is flexible to schedule changes which may change to have early/late hours may be required
- Provides exemplary patient experience for all patients
- Abides by established company core values
- Blood Pressure
- Data Collection
- Diseases And Disorders