Who We Are
A Top 100 Firm, Brown Edwards’ provides expert accounting, assurance, tax, and management advisory services. With a firm-wide staff of more than 450 professionals, Brown Edwards is one of the largest independent CPA firms in Virginia, West Virginia and, Tennessee. We support individuals and businesses ranging from small businesses to large corporations. Our success is directly attributable to an unyielding commitment to excellence in every aspect of our work.
Why Work With Our Petersburg Team
As the Client Accounting Associate, you will perform critical bookkeeping duties, payroll and financial statement preparation, and consulting services. You will support a variety of Brown Edwards’ clients in healthcare, professional services, retail, and other industries. This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop a rewarding career with a top 100 public accounting firm.
What Your Day Looks Like
- General bookkeeping including account reconciliations (checking, investment, credit card accounts, and loans), maintain monthly general ledger, and depreciation schedule
- Payroll & Sales Tax Return Preparation including calculation of payroll cycles, print paychecks or transmit direct deposits, calculate and remit federal and state taxes, calculate and track accrued vacation, sick time, and other benefits
- Act as primary point of contact for clients’ support requests by building trust through regular interactions and provide excellent customer service
What You Need To Be Successful
- Associates degree in accounting or related field, or 2+ years of payroll and bookkeeping experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online and Bill.com is a plus
- Public accounting experience a plus but not required
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
What You Can Expect From Brown Edwards
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA, and 401K retirement savings plan
- Annual compensation adjustments based on individual and firm performance
- Profit sharing program
- Flexible work arrangements including Dress for Your Day policy
- Financial support for continuing education programs and professional certifications
- Large firm resources with a small firm team based work environment
- Community outreach programs to support and serve local Brown Edwards communities
Brown Edwards Core Values
Quality | Integrity | Professionalism | Enthusiasm | Innovation
Brown Edwards provides equal employment to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service
- General Ledger