You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Lead Writer, Corporate Financial Communications
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Lead Writer, Corporate Financial Communications, you will take ownership of a consistent style across all of our written materials and be responsible for maintaining it on all platforms.
Pay, benefits and more.
We’re eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability coverage and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Under the direction of XPO’s head of communications, you’ll write and edit a wide range of communications for the company’s business in North America and maintain high standards for quality and consistency
- Communications include press releases (corporate news and financial), print and digital media commentary, thought-leader articles, executive messaging, presentations, web content, scripts and other communications
- You will play a key role in quarterly earnings preparation, presentations and messaging
- You’ll take ownership of maintaining XPO’s “voice” across external materials and be responsible for ensuring that copy assets on external platforms are up-to-date and representative of the company’s brand
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of all possible job responsibilities
What you’ll need to succeed at XPO.
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Writing, Communications or a related field
- 4 years of experience as a finance or business communications writer and editor, with demonstrated versatility to produce high-quality content for diverse objectives
It’d be great if you also have:
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey ideas concisely and collaborate effectively with company leaders
- Well-versed in a wide range of financial topics and accustomed to describing financial markets, products, and any economic activity in clear, direct language
- Intense attention to detail, with an ability to proofread your own work and spot flaws
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously under time pressure
- A talent for staying highly motivated with minimal supervision, while contributing to the team’s success and responding positively to constructive criticism
- Sound judgment, an innate understanding of appropriate content for specific target audiences and trustworthy handling of confidential information
- A willingness to work flexible hours, including outside of normal business hours as projects require, such as early mornings, evenings or weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with writing for a publicly traded company and/or B2B communications on a national scale
- Proficiency with MS Project
- A well-read copy of The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White
- Familiarity with the Associated Press Stylebook guidelines
- A willingness to undertake occasional travel
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Writer, Corporate Financial Communications
- Attention To Detail
- Business Communication
- Capital Markets
- Digital Media
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 359114-en_US
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.