The Morningstar design team is dedicated to creating thoughtful financial products and services so that people across the world can make the best investing decisions for themselves and their clients. We synthesize complex financial information into experiences that empower our users to deliver better outcomes. We do this by not only creating the look and feel of a product, but also driving product direction: prioritizing the biggest opportunities to support our users and the business, while maintaining a strong sense of product ownership and its resulting success. The design organization is made up of several disciplines-visual, UX, communications, content, and research-united to help each other, and the whole company, grow. We're always seeking designers who are motivated, are driven to deliver user-centered outcomes, and are equally committed to craft and compassion.
Morningstar is looking for a product designer to collaborate with our engineering team on Quantitative Research. This individual will help build our internal webapp that facilitates the research analyst's workflow for single-security research. This is a high impact role with a lot of autonomy and collaboration with our research, product, data services, and content management system teams. They will also contribute to the larger Product design organization by helping to continuously improve and advance Morningstar's overarching design systems and workflows. We are looking for a designer who loves taking on the challenge of turning complex information into great communication design, translating usage patterns into intuitive interactions and experiences, bringing those workflows to life through compelling interface design, and working in an incredibly collaborative environment.
You'll be great at:
* Owning all parts of the design process on assigned projects.
* Knowing how to conduct basic qualitative user interviews, to better understand our customers anticipated or perceived needs and actions.
* Helping implement best practices around creating a great user experience.
* Creating personas, experience maps, and user journeys to identify pain points and opportunities within an experience.
* Solving a variety of navigation and information organization challenges.
* Creating site maps, wireframes, low-fidelity prototypes, task flows and other artifacts to visualize and communicate design direction.
* Bringing concepts to life through clear wireframes to illustrate a single point in a flow while also exploring how this could impact or align with the experience.
* As needed, creating high-fidelity prototypes with interactive transitions, visual specs, and other artifacts to communicate detailed design direction.
* Creating high-fidelity visual comps, making informed design decisions around typography, space, color, and iconography while utilizing the Morningstar Design System and expressing the Morningstar brand.
* Making complex information understandable and formulate design concepts that are engaging, attractive, and user-friendly.
* Applying creativity, logic, and critical thinking in new situations to find the best solution while continuously striving to find better ways of doing things.
* Actively seeking out new challenges and tasks and overcoming obstacles to achieve results.
You'll also do things like:
* Collaborate with the product owner, other designers, and engineers on your squad to make product decisions.
* Clearly articulate design decisions and share your process with stakeholders and other designers when appropriate.
* Collect, interpret, and prioritize the feedback you receive.
* Participate in critiques, workshops, design studios, and other design activities.
* Participate in user research and prototyping activities, such as helping with planning, taking notes during sessions, and helping analyze the data.
* Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Communication Arts, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering/Design, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
* 3-5 years of relevant professional experience designing for software, web and/or digital products.
Nice to have:
* Strong knowledge of Figma, Sketch,?InVision, Microsoft Office Suite, and Mac OS X.
* Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Experience working with Design Systems.
How to apply:
Please include a portfolio of work that you're most proud of, so you can tell stories about your experience and the impact you've had. We're interested in the designs you've created and want to understand how you work with a team to solve problems.
Morningstar employees are required to be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing to work in any office. Morningstar's vaccine policy may be modified to comply with evolving legal requirements and other changing circumstances.
036_MstarResearchLLC Morningstar Research Services LLC Legal Entity
- Apple Ios
- Communication Design
- Content Management
- Critical Thinking