Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Meet Lingo, a new biosensing technology that provides users a window into their body. Lingo tracks key biomarkers - such as glucose, ketones, and lactate - to help people make better decisions about their health and nutrition. Biowearable technology will digitize, decentralize and democratize healthcare, enabling consumers to take control of their own health.
Personalized healthcare is the future. Working on Lingo, you will help build a next-generation technology that enables individuals to make decisions about how to improve energy, lose weight or enhance athletic performance. The Lingo team embodies a start-up culture and mindset with the backing of Abbott, a company with a rich history of healthcare innovation. Join us and grow your career as you help Abbott shape the future of healthcare.
This Release Train Engineer position works at one of the following locations: Alameda (CA), Austin (TX), Bend (OR), or Orlando (FL).
You will drive towards highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile Release Trains (ARTs) using Agile Scrum and Scaled Agile ceremonies and practices. You will play a critical role in leading and driving program success, fostering continuous improvement, and acting as a binding agent that connects a "team of teams." You will ensure the Agile Release Train (ART) stays on course by facilitating ART events and processes. You will work closely with QA, Product, Security, DevOps, Architecture, and Software Development teams to deliver value and meet sprint goals. You will be the master organizer of the agile teams' workload and will define the agenda for and orchestrate the activities during and after each sprint planning session.
What you'll do
* Facilitate ART events and processes and assist the team in delivering value
* Work with Product Owners, Tech Leads, and other stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution alignment
* Establish and communicate calendars for iterations and program increments
* Facilitate program increment (PI) planning, PI planning readiness, Scrum of Scrums, system demos, system demo readiness, and other relevant ART-level syncs; assist with PO sync meetings
* Be responsible for the integration checkpoints across agile teams within the train along with Tech Leads
* Take ownership of execution and delivery; be the single contact point for business teams to achieve communication efficiency and avoid confusion
* Help manage risks and dependencies; escalate and track impediments
* 4+ years of relevant experience as a release train engineer
* Experience with Scrum project management, agile software development, and software version control management
* Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software
* Strong familiarity with ART product vision and experience
* Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and tactical and leadership skills
* Servant leader with strong interpersonal skills who can listen and support teams on problem identification and decision making
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to lead and empower diverse product teams and influence technologists and tech leaders
* Holds SAFe Release Train Engineer certification
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The salary for this role is between $82,100 - $164,100
- Agile Methodology
- Business Process Improvement
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making