Leads and provides full range of support in all areas of HR including recruiting, benefits administration, employee relations, training, development, orientation, data administration and documentation, talent management, HR compliance, and all related activities. Uses extensive experience and judgement to handle complex HR issues, as well to develop, recommend, and implement practices that align HR solutions with business objectives.
1. Internal Communication and Collaboration:
• Support and promote company core values of honesty, professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork and utilize the Ducommun Way methodology to achieve objectives.
• Drive strong employee relations through frequent and clear communications, clarity of expectations, and promoting positive relationships among management and employees.
• Partners with HR manager and/or management team on strategic initiatives
• Provides leadership and guidance to other HR generalists and staff; may lead and direct the work of others
• Build and develop close relationships with cross functions (Operations, PMO, SC, Finance, PI and Engineering).
2. Policy, Procedure and Process Administration:
• Interfaces and communicates with employees regarding HR policies and procedures
• Assists employees and managers with escalated HR questions and complex employee relations issues
• Ensures department compliance with all HR regulatory requirements
• Must be able to interpret and provide guidance regarding federal, state, and local employment laws/policy.
• Drive a culture of fair and equitable employment practices.
3. Benefit Administration:
• Performs benefit administration within policy and regulatory compliance including assisting with general benefit inquiries and online enrollment, claims resolution, collection of required documents, invoicing and payroll adjustments, and communication
• Coordinates with payroll for pay and deduction related issues
• Support and drive employee participation in company sponsored wellness programs.
4. Unemployment, Leave and Employment Exit Administration:
• Attends unemployment hearings as required
• Manages leaves of absences, tracking of time-off and points (if applicable), and works with management on processes and procedures related to absence management and work accommodations
• Administers off-boarding activities including exit interviews, user change requests, and collection of company property
5. Systems Support and Administration:
• Assists employees and managers with the use of HR systems such as the Self-Service Portal and Talent Management System
• Manages HRIS data and interface integrity within SOX compliance including timely and accurate data entry of new hires, terminations, and other changes, as well as running reports and performing necessary audits
6. Safety & Worker's Compensation:
• Support EH&S officer in the implementation of safety initiatives and requirements.
• Administer worker's compensation process related to medical treatment, cost control and claim adjustor communication.
• Proactively support safety concerns and issues through collaboration with EH&S and operations.
• Ensure proper safety training is provided to new hires and support monthly training initiatives provided by EH&S officers.
7. Recruiting and On-Boarding:
• Carries out full cycle recruiting activities
• Administers onboarding activities including new hire orientation, collection of paperwork, and pre-emplyment screenings
8. Employee Engagement and Recognition:
• Support the employee engagement strategy to facilitate organizational performance and enable successful organizational change.
• Administer total rewards strategies, programs, and tools to enhance organizational performance and employee engagement.
9. Talent Development and Performance Management:
- Carries out employee and manager training activities
- Communicate career path opportunities within the organizational structure and provide guidance to leadership on career planning discussions.
- Support and foster growth and professional development of talent in the organization.
- Support and participate in the talent management/development and succession planning process.
10. Continuous Improvement:
- Coordinates and support annual goal and appraisal processes.
Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in HR services performed
Engages and participants in HR related organizations (e.g., SHRM)
Support lean methodologies across all processes and develop standard work.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college in business or a related area or equivalent years of relative industry experience.
• 5+ years of professional experience in the HR field; manufacturing environment preferred
• Proven track record of handling full range of support in all areas of HR including complex HR issues
• PHR or SPHR certification required
• Able to rely on extensive experience, judgment and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures necessary to plan and accomplish goals
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of employment law, recruiting practices, benefits, FMLA, ADA, EEO, related industry trends and new developments, and state and federal statues regulating human resources functions
• Strategic relationship skills - people management, meeting facilitation, presentation ability, collaboration and support
• Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
• Computer knowledge and skills, i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS experience.
• Experience with using and managing HRIS software and systems, preferably ADP systems
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities timely and efficiently within a rapidly changing environment
• Excellent verbal, written, and interactive communication skills with all levels of employees, management, and business partners
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and project company image necessary to effectively attract and retain employees
• Understanding of confidentiality within the HR department.
• Ability to build trust and serve as an employee advocate.
• Conscientious, organized and meticulous - records must be accurate and maintained
Ability to read, understands, and communicates internal procedures and policies.Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
Ability to learn the basics of manufacturing process within facility
Ability to create presentations and to make presentations to employees at all levels.