Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
The Credit Specialist II will be responsible for performing all credit and collections functions associated with mid-tier account portfolio in accordance with the credit department goals and objectives.
- Perform account management tasks related to credit and collections and overall accounts receivable management
- Perform periodic analysis on their customer account portfolio. Perform root cause analysis to resolve problems in timely manner
- Recommend credit limits for accounts in the portfolio and Identify issues needing escalation
- Extend credit to customers within their limits of authority and approve credit inquiries.
- Generate account statements, provide billing documentation and prepares credit adjustments where applicable
- Identify delinquency drivers and achieve resolution is required.
- Ensure optimal cash flow by continued positive contact and relationship building.
- Facilitate customer meetings
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by Credit Manager
- Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred or 3+ years of equivalent experience in AR/AP or credit role preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with electronic billing (ADP, Oildex, EDI)
- Intermediate Excel skills (vlookup/pivot tables/power queries)
- Intermediate knowledge of financial statements and credit reporting tools (D&B, etc.)
- Experience managing portfolio; intermediate understanding of reconciliations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all organizational levels
- Work well independently, part of a team and takes initiative to deliver on results in acceptable period of time
- Travel to customer or field locations to perform account reviews with credit manager as required
Working Conditions: Professional office environment
Shift Time/Overtime: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Education: Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred or 3+ years of equivalent experience in AR/AP or credit role preferred
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V