To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Developer
Altec Industries , Inc. • Birmingham, AL
Posted 10 days ago
Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Altec is looking for an experienced web developer to join our Scrum Team. As part of the Production Information Technology team (PIT), the developer will help build and maintain the software that is used in our manufacturing plants across the country.
- Angular, current version
- C#, .NET and .NET Core
- REST WebAPI
- SSDT for Database Deployments
- SQL Server
- Serve as an effective scrum team member and contribute to development of application software
- Communicate with end-users to scope new features or to troubleshoot existing features, which can include travel
- Scope, Design, and Develop software features for PIT Enterprise
- Participate in Peer Reviews
- Develop automated tests for existing and new code
- Refactor/Replace legacy systems
- Mentor other developers on SDLC best practices and standards
- Support production systems on the manufacturing floor which requires occasional work outside of regular business hours
- All other duties assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related technical discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to exceptional candidates with 8 years relevant work experience
- History of developing first-class web applications
- Proficiency writing SQL queries and table design
- Experience in modern software development practices
- Continuous Integration / Deployment (CI/CD)
- Agile Development practices
- Familiarity with REST API development
- Endpoint planning / implementation
- Spec generation / verification
- Current valid driver’s license
** This position may be modified upwards based on the qualifications of the candidate *
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.