To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
JLL • San Diego, CA
Posted 2 months ago
- Supervises mechanics in responding to facilities general maintenance problems in multiple areas such as carpentry, electrical, HVAC, boiler operation, plumbing, Landscape Services and systems. Organizes, directs and controls the daily operations of various facilities maintenance activities and projects.
- Establishes employee work schedules and assignments; procures materials; reviews and provides documentation of work progress and results.
- Coordinates daily work activities and/or projects of subordinates.
- Ensure that the mechanics are provided with proper information and materials about assignments to complete work activities in a high quality and timely fashion.
Compliance and Training
- Works with global organization on Engineering Compliance requirements
- Performs field checks and oversight activities
- Orients, trains and develops employees by establishing standards and objectives for, and evaluates the performance of employees.
- Develops material and labor cost estimates for corrective/maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance activities and/or systems and construction projects. • Establishes and maintains budget for facilities maintenance department.
- Interacts with customer personnel to coordinate work and communicate project purpose, length and potential disruptions and other conditions.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC (Certificate can be substituted with experience)
Years of relevant experience
- Experience - 5+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering maintenance with at least 5 years in supervision
- Veteran Service Preferred
Skills and knowledge
- Special knowledge and skills - Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, carpentry, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation • Knowledge of all current facility code requirements and standards •
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Lotus and E-Mail etc.
- The job requires regular operation of standard office equipment, and hand tools. The job also requires operating tools or equipment with a skill level that is typically acquired through trade or vocational school training.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.