Direct Hire OR Contract-To-Hire
This position will have responsibility for:
- Development, construction, procurement, change control and maintenance of the complex parts and equipment associated with the PoD platform.
- Implementation of automation and equipment control, as well as verification of operational parameters.
- Assisting with appropriate documentation.
- Providing general mechanical and/or electrical engineering across the multiple PoD units and projects as assigned.
- Developing and/or and maintaining engineering diagrams for all the equipment and control systems.
- Delivering results in a high paced environment.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
• B.S. in mechanical or electrical engineering or a related field.
• Electrical and or mechanical design, implantation and performance verification
• Direct experience with the development of custom, automated, manufacturing or process equipment.
• Experience with SolidWorks for the design and prototyping of compact systems.
• Ability to produce mechanical and electrical engineering diagrams
• Ability to operate with comfort in a machine shop
• Excellent record keeping is a requirement
• The desire to be a leader in the laboratory, helping others who are less experienced, and ensuring the highest levels of laboratory safety are ensured.
• Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary cross-functional research teams
• Excellent communication skills are needed to ensure accuracy of reporting, including the ability to develop and justify original research proposals, compose manuscripts for publication, and verbally describe research efforts.
• Ability to work with and help manage vendor: ask questions, order parts, researching and sourcing parts, talking to manufacturers/fabricators to get parts quoted and made.
• Strong understanding of fluid dynamics and plumbing fluidic and gas systems, Heat transfer and temperature control, and machine design of compact systems
Preferred Hiring Standards:
• Individuals with > 5 years’ experience and training preferred.
• Automation control software development
• Experience in LabView programming.
• Experience with process monitoring and controls.
• Experience with compact OEM pumps, valves, sensors, and mechanical actuators.
• Experience selecting appropriate polymers and other materials for use with solvents and acids.
• Candidates with experience in continuous processing of chemicals, materials, or pharmaceuticals
• Experience with industrial manufacturing technologies and processes (e.g. CNC machining, water jetting, 3-D printing etc.), preferably in a regulated/GMP environment.
• Experience with a variety of other engineering programs including AutoCAD, MatLab, PDM Works, etc.
Please apply within or contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Engineer
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.