If you are an experienced Value Optimization Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some of the biggest companies in the nation. Our client has a need for a Value Optimization Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client. Value Optimization Engineer Job Responsibilities
Your specific duties as a Value Optimization Engineer will include:
Value Optimization Engineer Job Requirements
- Compensation (Range): $43-$45/ hour
- The Value Optimization Engineer is responsible for planning, validating and implementing cost reduction ideas to meet the Unit Responsible Value Optimization Savings target by system and
- commodity area.
- Work with engineers, suppliers, vehicle integration, purchasing, quality, finance, etc. on thorough evaluation, validation and presentation of recommended ideas and their associated business cases.
- Summarize vehicle level savings including potential at vehicle level
- Generate and organize ideas for vehicle level proposals
- Partner with program manager and model responsible to schedule implementation of value optimization ideas
- Key to this position is an understanding and adherence to key product development principles and processes such as: functional objectives, DFMEA, DVP&R and an understanding of corporate and competitive products from a benchmarking, read across and best practice perspective
As a Value Optimization Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Value Optimization Engineer Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering required
- 1-3 years of experience initiating and managing technical cost reduction
- Prior experience working with cross-functional teams, e.g. product design, vehicle line quality, supplier quality, manufacturing, finance, vehicle integration, purchasing, brand, planning, etc.
- Ability to present cost savings ideas/business cases to senior management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter that is highly motivated and goal-oriented.
As a Value Optimization Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Value Optimization Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
Make the most of your experience! Apply now! Keywords:
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Attention To Detail
- Brand Identity
- Cost Reduction