To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative
DSV • Memphis, TN
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA > TN > Memphis > Commerce Pkwy
Job Posting Title: Customer Service Representative
Come join a great team - DSV is growing, come grow with us!
Horn Lake (MS)
The CSR is responsible for building rapport and trust with Clients by delivering exceptional service to them consistently. Client Service Representatives are responsible for accurate and timely data entry of shipping and receiving information for single and/or multiple Customers. CSRs are also responsible for accurate and timely order processing to support the efficient operation of the site.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process and input all customer orders.
- Running and printing shipments from WMS.
- Run stock reports to check for product availability.
- Generate all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer work orders
- Checking all orders for special requests
- Expediting any order as necessary, trace orders as required and notify customer of any activity concerning their merchandise.
- Follow up with other departments to ensure the service standards are being met.
- Assure proper invoicing of accounts by verifying customers as required.
- Handles returned merchandise in an efficient manner and assure proper credit is given to the customer.
Customer Interfacing Activities
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquires and complaints concerning work-orders, invoicing, shipments, inventory management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
- Act as a liaison between the warehouse and the customer in administration of accounts and between the office and customer regarding invoicing and credit changes.
- Ensure the accuracy of all receiving and shipping documents.
- Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
- Assure that receiving counts match packing lists and purchase orders and that shipping count match picking documents.
- Prepare any reports concerning customer service as required by supervisors.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
- Operate the computer terminal in a proficient manner.
- Enter and verify data regarding customer orders, shipments, receipts, physical inventories, adjustments, etc., in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Oversee all paperwork associated with orders and maintain the corresponding files.
- Answer phone calls and operates various types of office machines and computers necessary to perform duties.
- Greet customers and visitors to the office.
- Effectively correspond with customers as required.
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a cheerful, courteous, and timely manner.
- Promptly route each call to the proper party, taking messages when necessary.
- Assist callers with general information and inquires.
- Direct visitors to appropriate department.
- Assist drivers at check in window various times though out the day.
- CSRs may be expect to cross train in other administrative staff functions to support the site and contribute to associate development.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1 year experience in Customer Service related capacity
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Intermediate computer skills
- Proficient with MS Office Applications
- WMS functions
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Business writing proficiency
- Intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
- Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective communication skills
- Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
- 1-3 years warehouse/logistics support experience
- 2-3 year experience in Customer Service related capacity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to sit/stand for up to 8 hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.