To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rocky Mount, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Case Manager-Veteran Program
Volunteers of America Chesapeake • Rocky Mount, NC
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location - Rocky Mount, NC
Provide day-to-day support and services for participating veteran households. Has relevant experience in homelessness prevention, rapid re-housing and transitional supportive services. Provide key linkages for clients beginning at their intake and assessment following through to their attainment or maintenance of permanent housing in their home community. The position will promote accessibility, outreach to targeted populations, and provide case management, advocacy and wraparound supports and services with the VA and in the community.
EFFECTS ON END RESULTS:
Veteran housing, employment, family, social support and life-skill issues are rapidly addressed and supports and services are amended or adjusted as required to ensure maintaining housing, economic stability or attainment of benefits, and socialization of veteran and family in their home community. Veterans receive appropriate transition and service plans and supports. Client file documentation is complete and timely. Statistical information is documented and reported.
A bachelor’s degree in counseling psychology, rehabilitative counseling, or related human service field is required. A minimum of two years’ experience working with homeless individuals and families including veterans is preferred. Veteran or member of a veteran family is a plus.
- This position requires driving your personal vehicle for company business. Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid driver’s license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- May be required to drive a van
- Acceptable Criminal background check, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug and TB Screening
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained once employed