Another Source’s client, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (DGSOM), is recruiting a Principal Internal Controls and Compliance Analyst to join their team in the Dean’s Office.
Here’s a little about the School of Medicine and the position they are recruiting for:
The DGSOM is comprised of 24 academic departments, 5 organized research units, and 5 interdisciplinary research centers and is the academic home to approximately 3200 faculty and 2500 trainees, students and fellows. The DGSOM employs about 6200 staff and non-faculty academics. The DGSOM’s annual revenue totals approximately $2B, its expendable net assets approx. $500M and its endowments and quasi endowments approximately $1.5B.
Learn more about us here: URL blocked - click to applyURL blocked - click to apply
Principal Internal Controls and Compliance Analyst is a key member of the Dean's Office finance team reporting to the Assistant Controller. This person will perform complex financial, analytical, and control functions as well as execute internal control programs established by management, research new regulations, and recommend and implement approved changes. Our Principal Analyst will create complex compliance reports, identify trends and provide recommendations and will recommend and develop solutions, which may require policy changes or the development of new processes. This person will assist the DGSOM Controller and Assistant Controller with internal and external audits and will provide expert level analytical support on special projects.
- BA/BS with a major in a related field and four years of experience in accounting operations or administrative analysis required
- Thorough knowledge of and current hands-on experience with fund accounting and regulatory compliance strongly preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP and GASB
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize complex and diverse information; collect and research data and use intuition and experience to complement data
- Demonstrated problem solving skills; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and accuracy; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, collaboratively, and professionally
- Team player with a strong desire to learn new skills
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.