What you'll do...
Join the Licenses & Permits Compliance team to support the licensing and permitting for the world's largest retailer! The Licensing Sr. Manager I, is a critical thought-leadership role that that will lead the strategy responsibilities for a large team with high-volume work product. Reporting to the Director - Licenses & Permits, you will collaborate with the teams that obtain new licenses, the teams across the Compliance organization, and our business partners to ensure that we have a compliant, effective, and efficient program that meets business needs.
Location: This position will be based out of our Bentonville, AR (Home Office). A remote or hybrid option is not available for this role at this time.
You'll sweep us off our feet if…
* You're a subject matter expert in building and maintaining a strong compliance program, including managing standards, controls, monitoring efforts, and training & awareness
* You have strong people support skills
* You have experience and familiarity with regulatory requirements related to licensing and permitting
* You're process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness across the team
* You have strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders
* You have experience working in cross-functional teams within a corporate environment
* You're organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously, including setting effective and aggressive timelines
You'll make an impact by…
* Leading quality management and monitoring - Actively monitoring, managing, and enhancing the U.S. Licensing and Permits program, including assessment of resources, training, processes, and reporting for the maintaining of approximately 110,000 licenses and permits annually
* Establishing a roadmap for future enhancement - Identify short- and long-term compliance program initiatives, demonstrating the ability to prioritize immediate needs and plan for ongoing enhancement and evolution of the program over time
* Building effective relationships - Establish relationships with key stakeholders and effectively integrate with New Project Licensing teams in order to provide programmatic support
* Supporting enterprise and team success - Facilitate timely identification of compliance risks and implementation of effective mitigation strategies to enable successful implementation of business initiatives
* Operating with excellence - Identify KPIs and KRIs that measure and monitor team performance and potential risk areas. Set an example in managing to KPIs/KRIs, delivering excellence, presenting at all levels, and developing yourself and others
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 3 years' experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 5 years' experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area. 1 years' supervisory experience. 3 years' experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Business Administration
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
* come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
* Associate discounts in-store and online
* Education assistance for Associate and dependents
* Parental Leave
* Pay during military service
* Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
* Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs
- Business Requirements
- Human Resources
- Microsoft Office