To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Horicon, WI 53032
- Volt Workforce Solutions
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Second Shift Unit Supervisor II
Volt • Horicon, WI
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Volt provides highly skilled contingent workers to local, national and international clients in all major industries. Volt has over 60 years of experience and is a leader in the industry. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions.
Capitalizing on knowledge and innovation, comprehensive resources, and technology, Volt provides top talent to the many thousands of clients across the globe. Over 60 years of unwavering focus on the issues of workforce management have gained us a reputation of being one of the most knowledgeable and accomplished strategic workforce partners in business for clients and candidates alike.
We have a talented and upbeat staffing team focused on the quality of your career. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees.
Volt has an opportunity for you to become part of a prestigious team of professionals. We are seeking an Unit Supervisor for a second shift continent role that is forecasted for one year in Horicon, WI.
Unit Supervisors are responsible for achieving departmental/area goals and objectives. Supervises semi to highly skilled production and/or maintenance employees on an assigned shift to ensure the manufacture of products within established delivery, quality, safety and cost standards. The supervisor is the first-line liaison between the production employees and the management staff and thus also serves the function of representing the company's interests with the shop floor staff.
Job Duties Include:
- Establishes employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance.
- Ensures that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job.
- Monitors Control Plans, troubleshoots workmanship problems and generally supervises production activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements.
- Administers employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit.
- Monitors individual and line performance and takes corrective action including discipline, as needed and responds to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
- Determines manufacturing and/or distribution priorities based on the production schedule and makes daily assignments including filling vacancies and assigning overtime in order to adhere to the Customer Delivery date.
- Plans for maintenance of equipment and facilities to maximize the uptime and utilization of capital equipment assets.
- Monitors and makes corrections to stay within the department operating budget targets.
- Directs departmental continuous improvement plans and activities
- 2-5 years Supervisory experience.
- Prefer Candidates with a Bachelors degree , will consider candidates with Associates/ experience.
- Proficient in MS office Suite required. SAP experience highly preferred