Kelly Education has Substitute School Nurse (LPN / RN) opportunities available in the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District. This is a rewarding opportunity that offers flexibility and weekly competitive pay.
Overview: Substitute Nurses work under the direction of the Certified School Nurse to assist the School Nurse in providing care and maintaining records for all students in the school, while adhering to strict confidentiality statutes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes appropriate health appraisals of students referred and provides health counseling to students and their parents when necessary
- Provides vision, auditory and scoliosis screening of students in compliance with health screening mandates and conducts follow-up of all deficiencies by assisting parents in making plans for further examinations and correction
- Keeps accurate records of activities at assigned schools and assist in establishing and maintaining necessary student health records
- Records the results of health screenings and other significant health information in cumulative records
- Completes a health/development evaluation on those students referred to special education when specified in an assessment plan
- Serves as a member of the Individualized Education Plan team to report results of health/development evaluations and provide health-related information
- Assists in control and prevention
- Communicable disease by providing information to staff, students and parents about protective measures against communicable disease
- Establishes contact with appropriate members of the medical community as part of follow-up procedures of chronic and communicable disease cases
- Works with and acts as liaison to school health committees, county health officials and other agencies concerned with the health and welfare of students
- Provides emergency care for serious accidents and illnesses which occur at school
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Demands: Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Apply today by submitting your contact information through Quick Apply! After you've applied, schedule your phone pre-screen with a Sourcing Specialist by copying and pasting the following link into another browser: https://calendly.com/jenr603/kelly-education-prescreen
**PLEASE NOTE - YOU MUST HAVE AN APPLICATION ON FILE PRIOR TO SCHEDULING YOUR PHONE PRE-SCREEN
For additional information and/or questions about this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Ridley via e-mail at Email blocked - click to apply
1. Ability to work as a member of a team
2. Must be courteous and able to effectively communicate with people
3. Must be cooperative, congenial and service-oriented
4. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions
Diseases And Disorders
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US1324JR_28062283
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.