To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ames, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Renewable Energy Group, Inc. • Ames, IA
Posted 14 days ago
The purpose of this job is to be responsible for trading commodities, developing market opinions, managing inventories, and specifically managing product position in feedstock, chemicals, or co-products. This position is responsible for establishing and cultivating positive relationships with customers, suppliers, and plant personnel.
Develop Market Opinion
- Look at historical trends
- Determine future opinion on markets
- Act upon market opinion within limitations
- Establish and maintain positive
relationships with customers, suppliers, and plant personnel
- Trade variety of inputs and outputs
- Utilize freight and logistic advantages to improve overall profitability
- Manage purchasing/sales position
- Make sure plants have adequate feedstock/chemical/co-product levels to operate plant
- Project future needs of plant by working with plant management and supply chain
- Manage blend limitations with purchases
Other frequent duties:
- Work with developing and improving processes as well as developing new feedstocks and relationships
- Consider REG’s risk management policy in all trades
- Ensure all trades abide by appropriate specified guidelines
- Provide support to other REG departments as necessary
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required: 4 year bachelor’s degree –Finance, Economics, Agriculture Business or related business degree
**5 years of trading experience may substitute for some education
Experience Required: +3 years commodity trading or supply chain experience
Advanced excel skills
Extensive math and accounting skills
Microsoft Office Suite
(Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
General market knowledge
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.