To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Grasonville, MD 21638
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
University of Maryland Medical System • Grasonville, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room
Full-Time – Rotating
We are looking for Emergency Room Registered Nurses to join our extraordinary nursing team at University of Maryland Shore Regional Health.
At University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
As a Registered Nurse at UM Shore Regional Health, you’ll experience:
- The advantages of working for a Magnet® designated Medical Center
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue paid annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement and a student loan repayment program*
*restrictions applyAbout the Unit
- One of 3 freestanding emergency rooms in Maryland
- Serves 14,000+ patients per year
- Operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- Treats patients for acute illnesses, injuries and trauma as well as minor injuries
- Emergency medical transports are accepted, and patients needing more advanced medical care are transported to hospitals via ambulance or helicopte
- 16,000-square-foot center boasts four ambulance bays, a helipad, 14 treatment beds
- Services include diagnostic imaging and a full-service clinical testing laboratory
- Staff of 50 includes board certified emergency medical physicians, nurses, medical technologists, radiology technologists, patient registration representatives, housekeeping technicians and security officers
- Facility became the first freestanding emergency center in Maryland designated as an Emergency Medical Services Base Station, capable of providing medical direction to EMS providers working with patients in the field in response to a patient's medication and procedural intervention needs
- Excellent team environment and benefits
- Access to a larger magnet and system professional network
- Systematically and continually collects data regarding the health status of the client. The data is recorded, accessible, and communicated to appropriate members of the Multidisciplinary Healthcare Team utilizing system policies, procedures, and practice guidelines.*
- Coordinates a comprehensive individualized Plan of Care for the client, their significant other, and healthcare provider to obtain expected outcomes.*
- Implements the Plan of Care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and practice guidelines in a safe and appropriate manner.*
- Determines both the clients’ progress towards the attainment of expected outcomes and the effectiveness of nursing care.*
- Performs charge nurse responsibilities, supervising, nursing, and non-nursing, personnel in the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and fundamental skills necessary to organize, prioritize, and deliver age-specific care in a safe and appropriate environment.*
- Demonstrates ability in planning, delegation, and coordination of work group activities essential for the provision of quality nursing care.*
- Ensures accuracy in the medication process, including transport, storage, security, and/or administration of medications to include IV solutions.*
- Establishes short and long range professional goals and implements a plan for achievement of these goals.
- Promotes and participates in activities, which contributes to the successful achievement of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner, demonstrating respect for patients, families/significant others and other health team members.
- Complies with all federal, and State laws, and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information.
- Uses and discloses only that information, which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
* Essential job duties
What You Need to Be Successful:
- BSN preferred.
- At least 2+ years Emergency Department Nursing (RN) experience.
- Specialty certification encouraged.
- Meets licensing requirements to practice registered nursing in the State of Maryland.
- Must meet all applicable state and local professional requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.