Channel Manager - US Analytics BusinessTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Channel Manager, you will drive the sales performance of Analytical Sales, Process Automation Measurement & Analytics (PAMA), specifying and implementing effective sales and business development initiatives in line with global strategy.
You will develop and maintain a highly effective sales channel strategy for the Analytics Business Line in the US (United Sales). Goals to improve ABB market penetration and channel partner commitment to analytics in order that we realize growth expectations in the US. Responsible for managing critical business reviews and driving better performance and commitment and where necessary making changes.
*** This is a work remote job opportunity*** This position reports to
Region Sales Manager AnalyticsYour responsibilities
- Targets: Defines key Analytics targets (example volume, prices and mix) for our Channel Partners and ensures these are achieved for the channels in the US for PAMA. Ensures detailed business plans with regular follow up are in place
- Strategy: Defines and implements the channel sales strategy and budget and ensures regular Business Review follow up. Responsible for providing channel strategy input for the Sales team and for harmonizing the market sales and marketing plans in the US for our analytics business
- Negotiations: Contributes in critical sales and key frame agreements negotiations. Supports internally and externally in the offering and proposal process for channel partners
- Partners: Identifies and evaluates channel partners together with the team and authorizes them in coordination with the Sales Management team. Manages annual performance assessment activities for channel partners
- Marketing: Coordinates sales and marketing efforts and pricing policies that require channel/segment partner participation. Ensures appropriate communication, promotion and training activities in the channel/segment
- Channel management: Evaluates and certifies Channel partners. Ensures training for Channel and ABB personnel in aspects of marketing analysis, market segmentation, demand creation techniques, channel models and cost structures, effective channel program development and channel metrics
- Customer relations: Supports driving strategic partnerships, developing personal relationships with partners, customers and other decision makers
- Risk: Monitors client financial status and reports any changes regarding risk to relevant internal partner teams. Responsible for identifying and managing risk s relating to contract agreements and prices across customers/ channels/segments. People leadership and development: Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR (Human Resources) policies. Drives and ensures know how sharing and cross collaboration
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 3 years' experience in sales, channel partners, preferably in the analytics business; OR Associate's Degree, preferably in a technical field, and 5 years' experience in the in sales, channel partners, preferably in the analytics business; OR High school diploma and 7 years' experience in the in sales, channel partners, preferably in the analytics business.
- Open to travel about 50%.
- Preferred Qualifications: Solid understanding of ABB analytics product offering. Intense competitor knowledge; Passion for selling and winning
- Ability to develop and implement structured channel management processes and strategies that improve efficiency and lead to winning. Ability to motivate and challenge independent channel partner management teams. Ability to develop relationships at all levels in ABB, our channel partners and our end users (from field personnel to corner office)
- Obsessive focus on end users, their wants and needs, their goals and objectives, how they buy, how they maintain their equipment, how they partner with suppliers.
- Leverage your existing relationships in the industry to bring new selling opportunities to ABB
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Channel Manager - US Analytics Business http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Channel Manager - US Analytics Business
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Hybrid
- Business Development
- Customer Relationship Management
- Data Analysis
- Human Resources