About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Site Safety and Health Officer
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a talented Site Safety and Health Officer at Joint Base San Antonio (Lackland AFB & Randolph AFB). The SSHO will prepare and enforce EMCOR’s safety program, including modifying and enforcing accident prevention plan.
*** This position is contingent upon contract award. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full authority to ensure contract activities meet all health and safety performance criteria
- Provides overall management of environmental health and safety operations of the contract
- Promote a zero accident environment for all EMCOR and EMCOR subcontract activities
- Provide safety training and ensure all program staff have all appropriate training certifications and experience
- Facilitates continuous improvement activities
- Provided scheduled and unscheduled safety audits of all contract and subcontract services
- Works closely with the Project Manager and staff to reduce the projects risk exposure to the greatest degree possible
- The SSHO must be present on-site, at a minimum, during normal duty hours (M-F 0730 to 1630) and serve as the primary point of contact for the contractor’s safety management program.
- Manages high hazard activities as defined by EM 385-1-1, to include, but not be limited to: crane operations, excavations greater than 5-feet, confined space entry, and electrical work to include LOTO.
- OSHA 30-hr training certificate
- At a minimum, have five (5) years’ experience in the role of a Site Safety and Health Officer.
- At a minimum of the last five (5) years, the SSHO has maintained competencies through 8-hours of formal safety and health related training per year.
- A minimum (5) years of continuous safety experience in supervising or managing general industry or construction or O&M, including managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls.
- Working knowledge of and experience with EM 385-1-1.
- Available 24/7/365 for all urgent events.
- Must meet the administrative, educational, experience and training requirements cited in the EM-385-1-1, including the OSHA 30-hour course.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand
- Working experience with NFPA, EPA, TJC, OSHA codes, and standards.
- Ability to pass a federal background investigation in order to obtain/maintain a favorable suitability determination.
- A professional demeanor and neat appearance.
- Must have excellent organizational, scheduling and prioritization skills.
- Must maintain high level of confidentiality, ethics, and integrity.
- Excellent communications skills.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hazardous Waste Operations And Emergency Response Standard (Hazwoper)
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)