To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facilities Technician II
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. • Rochester, NY
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Facilities Technician 2 join the Rochester Site Facility Operations, Maintenance and Engineering Team.
The Rochester Facilities Team is responsible for day to day operations, maintenance, engineering and capital projects for approximately 900,000 square feet, across four buildings. Our facilities support 7/24 manufacturing, R&D, Customer Technical Training & Support, IT and Administration. The facility systems we maintain are varied, customized and unique to meet the demand of manufacturing and R&D. These include HVAC systems providing controlled environments, chillers, cooling towers, boilers, refrigeration, industrial vacuum, purified water and automated building control systems. Ortho is committed to sustainability, delivering energy efficiency projects and cost improvements. We achieve exceptional facilities uptime and results through teamwork and partnership with our skilled trade vendors. We are looking for individuals that can function both independently and as part of the team. You will have the opportunity to learn every day, growing your career in a challenging environment, while supporting multiple departments with diverse needs.
- Repairs, refurbishes and performs preventive maintenance within buildings, primarily interior with occasional exterior work.
- Responds to needed repairs and calls for service throughout the day in addition to planned preventive maintenance or small projects
- Repairs and performs preventive maintenance on facilities equipment including building controls, fire protection systems, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration, dehumidification, compressed air, purified water, industrial vacuum systems, and plumbing.
- Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical systems. Inspects and tests machinery and equipment to detect malfunctions.
- Utilizes building management systems to maintain conditions and energy efficiency.
- Supports maintenance of building and grounds.
- Works with both internal staff and skilled trade vendors. May handle repair work and small projects individually or with others.
- Utilizes computerized maintenance management system for work orders and preventive maintenance entries. Completes maintenance logs, part requisitions, preventive maintenance inspection records and other required maintenance documentation per Quality requirements.
- Supports facility related projects, including equipment installation or upgrades, mechanical systems maintenance, energy efficiency, building remodeling or construction, safety and environmental compliance.
- Follows all safety, environmental, PPE requirements while working with equipment, tools, and chemicals.
- As part of the facilities team, demonstrates a high level of ownership and accountability to maintain reliability, site condition and preparedness for Fire Marshall, Insurance, Quality, Environmental and Regulatory Inspections.
- AAS degree in HVAC, related technology or equivalent training / experience.
- 5-15 years of experience in facilities equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical distribution, steam, chilled water, compressed air, vacuum and water systems.
- Ability to handle multiple activities, demands and urgent responses throughout the day to maintain uptime and production.
- Able to be on call 7/24 on a rotating basis.
- Good verbal and written communications skills to keep team and internal departments informed.
- This position will be based in Rochester, NY.
- Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For this position we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]