The Schneider maintenance team is a highly-skilled and diverse group of individuals who work hard to deliver safe, dependable equipment to our drivers. As our business continues to grow, so does our need for qualified associates. From a single truck over 80 years ago to our fleet of over 10,000 tractors and 40,000 trailers today, we employ 650 technicians across our network of shop facilities nationwide. In this role, you will work in a safe, clean and organized workspace. We will provide the training, parts and shop tooling needed to complete high-quality repairs effectively. We utilize the latest maintenance software where you’ll be expected to track the work performed. In addition, our shop leadership team ranks among the best in the industry – many are former master technicians with years of Schneider shop experience.
The Schneider maintenance team has an immediate need for an energetic, safety minded Assistant Diesel Technician to join our team. In this role, you will provide general, non-diagnostic assistance to technicians. You will complete routine work such as tire changing, minor electrical repairs, minor accident repairs, and complete all of the appropriate computer and paperwork. Additionally, you will perform various non-technical tasks including cleaning duties, routine parts stocking, inventory counting and local parts pick-ups. Begin your journey today! Complete our online application and we’ll help you on your way to a great new career.By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- A clean, safe working environment
- Company Paid Training
- Uniforms provided / Safety Shoe Program
- 401K with company match & Profit Share Plan
- Hourly pay – not flat rate
- Weekly Pay
- Performance based pay
- Paid Vacation, Flex Days and Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Wellness programs available to include Smoking Cessation & Adoption benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Referral rewards program
Our preferred candidate will have:
The Schneider Way:
- High School diploma/GED or relevant work experience required; Technical degree, certificate, or diploma in engines, electronics, and/or related systems preferred.
- Skill with windows based computer systems and ability to use diagnostic software preferred
- Must be able to read and understand technical reference materials (ie. Service bulletins, repair manuals)
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and written, and have the ability to read and understand English
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication, and teambuilding skills
- Problem solving skills and trouble shooting skills
- Based on location, may require a valid driver’s license and meet the Schneider hiring criteria
- Ability to provide own tools within 30 days of hire
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.comWe are an equal opportunity employer.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do