To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anchorage, AK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Alaska - Senior Process Engineer
ConocoPhillips • Anchorage, AK
Posted 1 month ago
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 16 countries, $70 billion of total assets, and approximately 10,800 employees as of Dec. 31, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,242 MBOED in 2018, and preliminary proved reserves were 5.3 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2018.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
ConocoPhillips Alaska and its heritage companies have more than 50 years of business history in Alaska. As Alaska's largest oil and gas producer, the company produced an average 182 thousand barrels of oil and 9 million cubic feet of gas per day. ConocoPhillips, with about 1,100 Alaska employees, holds major ownership interests in the Prudhoe Bay Unit, the Kuparuk River Unit, and the Colville River Unit (Alpine). ConocoPhillips operates the Kuparuk and Alpine oil fields, has an ownership interest in the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) and owns/operates the Polar Tankers fleet.
The Senior Process Engineer will provide Process Discipline Engineering support to North Slope Kuparuk (GKA) and Alpine (WNS) assets. They will also work closely with Operations and Capital Projects on optimization, development, modification and additions to all aspects of our surface production facilities.
This engineering position is located in Anchorage.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supports COPA HSE goals – both personal and process safety
- Lead COPA Process Engineer on capital projects
- Leads the development of the process Basis of Design for projects (FEL 0/1 to execute)
- Leads the development of the Project Deliverable List for process engineering (FEL 0/1 to execute)
- Works collaboratively with, and provides technical guidance to, design contractor’s process engineering design team working on COPA projects
- Participates in development and review of PFD’s, P&ID’s, HMB’s, and other project drawings; Participates in the evaluation & selection of materials and process technology
- Participates in the project risk management process
- Leads and is responsible for the Process Hazard Assessment (PHA) process for projects
- Leads the facility siting studies for projects
- Participates in the development of operation, maintenance and start-up philosophies
- Reviews process input to bid documents
- Participates in evaluation of quotes for process equipment
- Participates on start-up and system acceptance team
- Coordinates closely with facility engineers, operations and maintenance technicians in support of operation managed projects to ensure consistency and process safety.
- Involved in maintaining and applying ConocoPhillips Alaska Engineering Standards
- Participates in existing facility revalidations PHA’s
- Reviews PSM & Management of Change documentation
- Confirms compliance of process equipment to specifications
- Performs facility optimization studies
- Maintains core facility process models
- Provides ad-hoc process support to facility engineers and operations
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering
- 5 years experience in petroleum production, refining, and/or chemical industry
- Intermediate level of knowledge with fluid hydraulic analysis techniques and software (preferably HYSYS and OLGA)
- Intermediate level of knowledge with multiphase flow characteristics
- Basic level of knowledge and application of LOPA and PHA methodologies
- 7 years experience in petroleum production, refining, and/or chemical industry
- Capital project experience as a Lead Process Engineer
- Familiar with PSV sizing and assessment
- Familiar with facility siting concepts
- Familiar with safety instrumented systems as they apply to the PHA process (basic understanding of ISA 84)
- Familiar with fluid characterization techniques
- Knowledge of API Recommended Practices and Standards (API 520/521/752/753/2000)
- Knowledge of ASME Pressure vessel code for vessel design (VIII)
- Strong team leadership and collaboration skills
- Professional Engineer License in Alaska (preferred)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 1, 2019.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.