Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting contract opportunity with one of our leading clients!
Title: CNC Programmer Technician
Location: Syracuse, NY
Duration: 7+ months
This position is accountable to design and implement CNC programs and tool layouts to automate the CNC processes in support of continuous improvement in the manufacturing processes and productivity optimization.
- Program and set up CNC machines using long hand G-Code, Mazatrol, MasterCam and other software. Provide programming support on production jobs.
- Identify and order tooling needed for the CNC and other Machine Shop machines as needed.
- Design new jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications and provide technical direction to production personnel.
- Redesign existing tooling, update tool drawings, and revise records, as required by changes in manufacturing processes.
- Investigate quality problems relative to machining and provide technical direction to implement corrective action on defective tooling and or improper manufacturing methods.
- Implement projects and best practices to maximize CNC Work Center efficiency using MVP Lean Principles.
- Supervise the process validation portion of new program roll out and communicate the process effectively with the process engineers, quality and production personnel.
- Collaborate daily with Manufacturing Engineer concerning issues with new machines.
- Perform Poke-Yoke activities for CNC Work Center processes.
- Train CNC machine set up operators on new machining technologies as needed.
- 2-year technical degree or appropriate certificate from a college or trade school such as a Journeyman certification in a machine related field
- 5 years of experience with proven ability to program machines and implement machining technology changes.
- Candidates without formal schooling will be considered based on experience.
- Expertise in CADCAM for New LVD Strippit and Fin Power CNC Stamping Press desired.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Taryn Carbone (URL blocked - click to apply) for immediate consideration.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Computer Numerical Control (Cnc)