The IT Sourcing Consultant is responsible for developing category sourcing and negotiation strategies for acquiring complex goods and services (i.e. IT hardware, software, and services), reducing costs, and achieving organizational objectives. The IT Sourcing Consultant will advise internal stakeholders on critical supply decisions, and will combine analytical thinking with hands-on implementation in solving the organization’s most difficult sourcing challenges.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• A minimum of 7 years of Procurement and/or Operations experience with a record of increased responsibility and/or work complexity within a best practice environment; exposure to supplier management, category spend analysis, supplier rationalization programs, and bid management; and familiarity with applicable laws, procurement concepts, best practices, trends and issues.
• Healthcare industry experience, and an advanced degree and/or consulting experience a plus.
• Deep experience with IT spend categories.
• Experience managing supply contracts, including complex long-term contracts, short-term transactional agreements and consulting engagements.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business requirements and develop/execute tactical & strategic plans to meet business needs.
• High proficiency or mastery of Excel and other Microsoft applications, and strong technical aptitude.
• The willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
• Excellent organization, prioritization, project management, and problem solving skills
• Strong research, writing and communication skills
• High proficiency or mastery of Excel and other Microsoft applications, and strong technical aptitude
• An eagerness to learn, personable demeanor and demonstrated ability to interact in a team oriented environment across multiple levels of an organization
• An ability to lead, manage and participate on project teams with shared responsibility for outcomes and decision-making
• A results oriented and data-driven approach
• Strong focus on quality and integrity
• Resourcefulness and creativity
• The ability to take direction, work independently, and perform detailed work in a high-paced, dynamic environment; handle multiple projects simultaneously; and ensure tasks are completed and deadlines are met as required.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues, and demonstrate initiative, mature judgment, superior customer service orientation, and the ability to anticipate the needs of the organization.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, Associates are presently working remotely. When Associates are transitioned back to the office, the functions of this position will be performed onsite at our offices located at 3805 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073.