Principal Software Developer
If interested please send your resume to Lauren at Email blocked - click to apply
The Platform Services organization is a component of our Clients’ Information Technology function. This team is responsible for the creation and evolution of the modern service-based platform. Comprised of key core services including Catalog, Data, Order Management, Inventory, Commerce, Security and more, the platform will provide a structured way to develop and evolve service implementations. Key to this approach is the instantiation of an API-centric developer ecosystem that enables solutions to easily construct consumer-facing applications by accessing these platform services. With a product-centric discipline, the platform enables a framework to evolve back-end services in parallel, ultimately driving faster agility and time-to-market of key features.
The Principal Software Developer will drive the architecture of the API platform, which involves designing and building new APIs; designing and building integrations to existing systems; designing and building API portals; and assisting with the definition of technical tasks, estimates, and dependencies. You will be empowered to innovate—it is expected you will contribute to automation and the refinement of coding standards and processes that will enable product teams to release features on-demand.
Successful candidates will also take pride and ownership of his/her applications, demonstrate a penchant for design, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering and supporting scalable, high performance enterprise-level APIs. The implementation around enterprise systems requires strong critical thinking skills and creative engineering with an eye towards customer focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, and other IT teams to understand the business needs and their requirements.
- Work with a nimble team of software engineers and enterprise architects to ensure the solutions meet our business needs using Agile methodologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Will take a lead role in the entire development cycle, conduct design and code reviews, and have heavy input throughout the process, from requirement gathering to production deployment.
- Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday.
- Create technical system specifications and ensure documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Consistently cognizant of opportunities for enhancements and process improvements.
- Research, design, define, develop, test, document, and implement new service APIs or changes to existing services. Participate in test planning, development, and execution for integration and system testing.
- Learn new software tools and skills as needed. Keep up with technologies. Provide mentoring to other development staff on technical topics.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Ensure applications are scalable and operate efficiently in the production environment.
- Ability to research issues across multiple key systems and databases. Assist customers and team members on issue resolution and problem solving.
- Comfortable working in an open, dynamic, rapidly changing environment where collaboration is crucial.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant
- 10+ years of experience in application development
- At least 5 years of API development experience (with preference for Mulesoft/Java expertise)
- Strong familiarity with API management and micro-services
- Strong experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience in large scale applications – either public facing web applications or applications with large numbers of concurrent users.
- Deep technical hands-on experience developing in REST/JSON or SOAP/XML
- Comfortable implementing continuous integration / continuous delivery process for applications using technologies such as Jenkins and Git.
- Experience creating and consuming REST API services with JSON
- Experience using Unix command line and Bash/Shell/Python scripting to automate tasks, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, or similar)
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, Ant, etc. desired
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Amazon Web Services