Requisition Type: Regular
We have been awarded exciting new work, Cloud development using new technologies, and are seeking System Engineers to join our team in Alexandria, VA.
We are an established team of 90+ who are working with Custom Border Protection (CBP) at Cargo Systems Program Directorate (CSPD) help them accomplish the vision of a streamlined, paperless, single window electronic filing using Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) systems.
GDIT leverages agile methodology and a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to manage multiple agile development teams in parallel with DevOps Team in a highly complex environment focusing intensely on continuous value delivery.
Contract requires US Citizenship and must be able to obtain a CBP Public Trust
- Develops applications on the AWS development platform. The architecture includes Docker based containerization and AWS deployment pipeline.
- Designs, develops documents, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. - Ensures software standards are met.
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience in building scalable, extensible and user-focused enterprise systems using Java, JEE with open-source frameworks.
- Experience in SOAP, RESTful webservices and JSON.
- Experience in spring framework (Boot, Data, JMS, and Integration).
- Experience using ORM tools (Hibernate, Mybatis).
- Skilled in writing complex SQL using Oracle, PostgreSQL and/or DB2 database.
- Experience with Angular or React frameworks.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with technologies such as Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo and/or Jenkins for the AWS pipeline.
- Knowledge in Docker; should have ability to develop and containerized Microservices.
- Working knowledge of management/ tracking utilities such as Atlassian JIRA, Confluence.
- Should have ability to accomplish work independently and through collaboration with cross-team.
- AWS Cloud knowledge is a huge plus.
- Experience using WebLogic, Tomcat, Node JS and Netty.
- Knowledge in Spring Batch, Spring Cloud.
- Knowledge in Container Orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes).
- Knowledge in Microservices and server-less framework.
- Knowledge in DC/OS Mesosphere, Marathon, Sonarqube.
Education: BS or equivalent 5+ yrs. related experience, or MS 5+ related experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Amazon Web Services