Sr Operating Engineer
The Sr Operating Engineer will perform other work to include hands-on repair & maintenance work on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems, card access systems, door & gates systems, building envelope systems, grounds and parking lots, interior finish systems, lighting systems, and various other R&M tasks associated with operation of a commercial property.
- Possess hands on skills and knowledge to complete required repairs and maintenance on commercial building and building systems (including but not limited to: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, vertical transportation, life safety, roofs, structure, parking lots and roads) using industry standard tools and in accordance with all codes, laws, and regulations
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair service work on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and various other building systems to maintain the properties in peak operational condition.
- Maintain an active log of work performed in CMMS (Corrigo). Ensure all equipment records are accurate and up-to-date and work performed against equipment is logged correctly.
- Monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and recommend improvements for the site’s building automation system (BAS).
- Ability to effectively manage diverse relationships with team members, contractors, client, and customers.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize work for themselves to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime.
- Ability to engage others to gain cooperation and teamwork.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Safe Work practices especially regarding energized work, working at heights and confined spaces.
- Ability to recognize, assess and mitigate or eliminate risk.
- Ability to understand and use proper PPE for associated tasks
- High School/GED or comparable work experience
- Vocational degree program or apprenticeship preferred
- 5-10 years of related experience in commercial or industrial maintenance in either electrical or HVAC/mechanical maintenance
Skills and knowledge
- Applicable codes, laws and regulations
- Prior experience monitoring, maintaining, and repairing building automation systems
- Experience managing work and entering relative data into a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), Corrigo preferred.
- Ability to effectively use computers and computer programs (including use of Microsoft Office Suite)
- Skill in use of the internet to navigate to and use web-based applications.
- Ability to use a smartphone
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to create, modify and edit processes, procedures and reports
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers URL blocked - click to apply
Computerized Maintenance Management Systems