To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI 02903
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Intelligence Intern
IGT • Providence, RI
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The Business Applications group at IGT is seeking a full-time business intelligence intern for the summer of 2018. The Business Applications group is responsible for the management and development of IGT’s two business intelligence solutions delivered to over 25 U.S. lotteries. The intern will work closely with analysts and leadership to develop, automate, and present product related and ad hoc reports for IGT executive leadership, leaders in the technology organization at IGT, and relevant stakeholders at U.S. lotteries. This role requires a blend of both technical skills and business acumen; the ideal candidate will be able to both analyze large amounts of data and present insights within that data to a non-technical audience.
The core functions of the business intelligence intern include:
- Create dashboards, data extracts, and analytical reports for internal and external IGT stakeholders to better understand trends and lottery performance.
- Collaborate with analysts, software engineers, and managers to complete projects related to data management, data normalization, and reporting automation.
- Support the product management organization at IGT and U.S. lottery stakeholders with ad hoc analytics projects and reporting requirements.
- Identify and evaluate potential business opportunities using forecasting, segmentation, and benchmarking techniques.
- Communicate insights and data-driven analytics in a user-friendly and consumable fashion.
- Pursuing or approaching completion of an undergraduate degree concentrated in business, statistics, economics, computer science, or another quantitative / mathematical field. If the student is graduating in May 2019, the student must be continuing to a graduate program to be eligible for a summer internship.
- Proficiency in the MS Suite (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with SQL and Tableau is a plus
- Experience working with and extracting insights out of large complex data sets is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information in a clear and concise format
- Currently in good academic standing with a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- Must be able to work full-time hours during the summer
- Must possess a social security number (for payroll purposes)
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, free identity theft insurance, free hot and cold beverages, and access to on-site gym facilities (Providence Headquarters and West Greenwich).
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.