Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Technician - Powders
The SDS Operator is responsible for safe, reliable, and efficient operations of a spray dryer and associated processing equipment. This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires the employee to have problem solving capabilities in all production associated processes.
The SDS Operator performs the operations necessary to safely produce spray dried powders, at the correct size, and quality necessary to achieve world class coatings. It is expected that these standards be met by following Praxair Standard practices in all aspects of this job.
- Ability to read, understand and use Product Manufacturing Instructions (PMI’s), Job-Safety Analysis’ (JSA), and schedule to accomplish daily production tasks
- Follows step by step instructions detailed by senior operators in turnover reports, written job instructions, or verbal instructions
- Displays basic understanding and knowledge regarding safe operation of the spray dryer and processing equipment (i.e. Spray Dryer, blenders, screeners, mills, classifiers, forklift, etc.)
- Demonstrates a basic level of skill and knowledge related to spray drying operations (i.e. atomizer head, correct spray dryer settings, etc.) requires assistance from senior operator or team leader to complete tasks
- Capable of performing basic math including percentages to calculate and weigh out heats
- Safely performs batch weigh outs, spray dryer operations, processing of powders on production equipment with guidance from senior operators or team leader.
- Understands the fundamentals of spray dryer operations, spray dryer clean-ups, size distribution and sizing of products. Can perform these tasks routinely and safely
- Inspects and tests products with QC lab to monitor and control production process
- Performs basic statistical process control such as tracking data and updating charts, KPI’s for department
- Displays ability to make minor and routine adjustments to production equipment without the assistance from maintenance
- Displays basic ability to function within database management tools such as Oracle, eAM, wavefront, etc.
- Cleans and inspects all equipment spray dryer, processing equipment, bins and blending equipment
- Collaborates cross-functionally between operations, engineering, quality departments
- Manages own daily workflow requirements to meet production schedule
- Ability to complete forklift certification within 60 days of employment
- Support current and new safety initiatives/policies
- Maintain equipment and housekeeping within work environment
- Ability to cross-train within other areas of the plant (i.e. sintering, cast carbide, etc.) depending on the needs of the business
- Other Duties Assigned
We have 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift positions open in the Indy Campus and offer a 2.00 shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to read, comprehend and understand work instructions as well as technical specifications
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Must be able to operate fork truck, electric hoist and overhead crane.
- Capable of lifting up to 40lbs
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, hand and finger manipulation, occasional stooping, crouching, and climbing
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person’s home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individua
l who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Export Administration Regulations
- Industrial Production