To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rosslyn, VA 22209
- Phone: 800-595-8658
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Volt • Rosslyn, VA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position will directly support VP level leaders in our Clients US Business Development team. The individual in this role will provide a full range of executive level administrative functions, in accordance with the requirements and responsibilities within the broad framework described below.
- Actively manages the VPs’ daily schedules, including scheduling all meetings, working with the VPs to prioritize time allocation, and dynamically adjusting daily, weekly, and monthly schedules as conditions and priorities evolve;
- Acts as the principal externally facing representative on behalf of the Leaders in responding to all e-mail and/or telephone requests for meetings, speaking engagements, and other commitments;
- Proactively controls and manages the Leaders’ travel schedules, including trip and meeting planning, responding to internal and/or external travel requests, making all travel and hotel accommodation arrangements, establishing and managing schedules while traveling, and processing all travel expense reports on a timely basis. This also includes proactively monitoring the processing, payment, and close out of expense reports after filing.
- Acts as the Leaders’ representative for proposed changes to internal procedures and administrative policies within the USBD organization, and at the corporate level.
- Ensures the Leaders have all necessary IT, communications, and other equipment, and all needed office supplier enabling operations in Rosslyn and while traveling within the United States and abroad
- Coordinates the use of the facility for all visitors and manages the WCC calendar for scheduling and support of meetings, and conferences
- Arrange catering service for meetings and set up, as required
- Responsible for invoice processing, filing/scanning, records management and receiving/maintaining office mail
- Manages all office supplies and products, equipment contracts, leases, procurement and equipment maintenance and servicing
- High school, secondary school or equivalent with 8 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and collegially in a high stress environment
- Demonstrated and consistent ability to work independently with minimal supervisory direction
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to multi-task and operate effectively in a high visibility and high stress work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Expert-level verbal and written communication skills
- Desired post-secondary formal education and/or work experience equivalent to a four year college degree
This is a contingent/temporary position offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world’s leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.