Responsible for activities related to developing, updating, editing, integrating, maintaining, producing content for knowledge bases, FAQs, web tools, presenting related training, and assessing data quality and creating and applying data standards in support of the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) Knowledge Management (KM) Program. Serve a diverse customer base with far-reaching implications, in support of steady state and crisis action operations.
Primary USCENTCOM Knowledge Management Office (CCJ6-KM) roles include:
(1) Establishing and enhancing information sharing environments;
(2) Integrating KM activities into daily operations; and
(3) Conducting training and outreach to implement and sustain established KM goals and objectives.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Prepare and provide technical review of written materials on request such as USCENTCOM Commander, Deputy Commander, and Chief of Staff Memorandums and directives, as well as other brochures, media, and web-based content that direct and optimize KM processes within the Command.
• Create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals, outreach materials -Trifold, Knowledge Nuggets, and KM Marketing and Advertising materials.
• Provide recommendations and assistance in the development of innovation and technology plans that support the USCENTCOM mission and KM Strategy, Goals and Objectives.
• Provide recommendations for the design and conduct of comprehensive studies to determine effectiveness of operations, flow of information, and effectiveness of KM systems across all levels of the Command.
• Develop, update, maintain, and produce content for knowledge bases, FAQs, and web based tools to document and share learning.
• Provide collaborative service expertise in refining organizational processes as they relate to battle rhythm and campaign planning tasks.
• Develop measures to identify, capture, and transfer relevant knowledge among members of the command and assist in implementation.
• Engage stakeholder community to promote acceptance of and educate on the value of employing collaborative services to improve organizational efficiencies and effectiveness.
• In conjunction with process owners, review new and existing collaborative capabilities and services for potential implementation and improvement, with emphasis on operational planning, contingency and exercise activities.
• Perform operational assessments of the existing SharePoint infrastructure and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Manage/expand the current training program, delivering existing courses, and developing new curricula to address identified knowledge gaps to enhance technical capabilities, electronic staffing, operational planning, and contingency and exercise activities.
• Develop training and instructional materials to support the KM Training Program, which includes a module presented at weekly USCENTCOM Staff Orientation Course requiring attendance by all newcomers to the Command.
• Assess the effectiveness of instruction, determining the impact of training and return on investment, using accepted methods of evaluation and assessment.
• Maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
• Represent the Knowledge Management Office (J6-KM) as a Training Subject Matter Expert (SME) at KM-relevant meetings within the Headquarters, with Component Commands, Coalition Service Representatives, and Department of Defense/Joint and Interagency Partner KM Communities of Interest.
• Collaborate with KM Communities of Interest to research, assess, validate and discuss innovative training techniques and best practices to enhance the Command KM Training program.
• Collect and document requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities.
• Facilitate and provide administrative support to KM Office functions.
Education & Experience
• Experience as either a service member or directly supporting military operations, with recent experience at a Combatant Command Headquarters
• A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer/Information Systems or a relevant technical discipline is required. Recent and relevant experience can be substituted in place of degree credentials
• Instructional experience, to include developing, assessing and conducting formal military or civilian classroom teaching
• Fluency in critical thinking, structured analysis, and problem solving
• Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills; skillful and confident facilitator
• Good collaboration, relationship‐building and customer support skills
• Time management proficiency with focus on project deadlines
• Advanced skills in Microsoft products: SharePoint and Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
• Develop and edit Briefing/PowerPoint materials
• Advanced skills in SharePoint 2013/2016
• SharePoint Site Manager/Administrator experience
• Experience in accessing, creating and editing quality graphics
• Experience creating/editing Adobe products
• Expertise and experience implementing collaborative service capabilities that resulted in improved efficiencies or the elimination of waste.
• Experience implementing IT Change Management.
• ITIL, Change Management and/or Knowledge Management Certification.
- Must hold a current U.S. Secret clearance, upgradable to Top Secret with access to SCI material
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Knowledge Management Analyst
- Change Management