This position reqs. a TS/SCI security clearance May require that employee sit for the CI poly
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and thats important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we cant turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Junior Oracle Database Administrator joining our team to support the Office of Naval Intelligence Oracle Enterprise at Suitland, Maryland.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Junior Oracle Database Administrator, you will be part of our Enterprise Oracle Database Administration Team working to ensure the operability of server applications utilized by the Navy throughout the world.
Duties and responbilities:
- Responsible for maintaining daily operation and problem resolution of servers. operating systems, and applications
- Install, configure, maintain, document, and administer databases, Oracle Server Software and Oracle related products to provide optimum performance
- Conduct routing maintenance tasks on the database servers for proactive monitoring such as space usage, deleting log files, dump files, and error recording
- Create, document, and implement repeatable process to install, test, upgrade, maintain, and patch database environment and its software
- Troubleshoot and resolve database-related incidents detected during monitoring or reported by users
- Monitor capacity and allocate space according to overall needs of system business users, available data storage, and database management system requirements
- Analyze requirements, document, and implement Oracle Enterprise Manager/GRID Control to monitor all database activity
- Prepare statistical and narrative reports on database management performance, activities, and special projects
- Manage, mitigate, and debug application software as it applies to the Oracle database
- Develop, implement, recommend, and maintain database management policies, procedures, and standards
- Create database and software installation, upgrade, and mitigation schedules/plans to include recommendations to minimize impact on production and mission critical systems
- Assist Business Side System Administrators on database issues/errors and assist users and programmers with SQL queries and tuning
- Configure and maintain DISA STiGs
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Security+CE certification or higher
Oracle Database certification within 6 months of start date
1 year experience with Oracle database administration
Experience with scripting
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#ONIOpportunities, #ONIjobs, #ITProfessionalsONI
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Database Management Systems