To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3100 Ashby Road
Shasta Lake, CA 96019
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Knauf Insulation • Shasta Lake, CA
Posted 10 days ago
Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer. We are wholly committed to the conservation of the environment while also sustainably developing and manufacturing a comprehensive line of acoustical fiberglass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications, using post-consumer recycled materials.
We welcome passionate and creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment. Watch our values video to learn more about what we do, our commitment to sustainability and our company values and culture.
- Plan, develop and coordinate all safety and environmental training and audits for employees
- Responsible for interpretation of and compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements relating to health, safety and environmental issues as well as interfacing with same during inspections and investigations
- Manage Workers Compensation cases/issues regarding employees, third party administrators, state agency requirements, company attorneys and management; submit timely documentation/reports as required
- Monitor and ensure accident/incident investigations completed and appropriate follow-up/corrective actions implemented
- Provide health, safety and environmental guidance as well as monthly, semi-annual and annual performance statistics/ metrics to management
- Responsible for record keeping of training and workers compensation medical, audits and compliance documents
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date written safety and environmental programs
- Complete environmental reporting required by federal and state regulatory requirements
- Maintain Knauf’s compliance with hazardous and non-hazardous waste regulations for assigned manufacturing facilities by making determinations regarding waste discarded and proper disposal thereof; maintain inventory and labeling of stored hazardous and universal waste; compile and submit special waste applications permits
- Maintain Knauf’s compliance with Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) records by initiating the review process for all new chemicals coming into plants; arrange data entry and audit systems to maintain records
- Monitor Knauf’s compliance with federal and state regulations regarding plant activities
- Notify state agencies as required of any environmental events or non-compliances
Manage the containment, removal and remediation of hazardous materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Environmental, Engineering, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with environmental regulatory issues
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in an industrial manufacturing facility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene and safety, occupational health and hazard communication
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and permits
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization
- Ability to quickly analyze information and make pragmatic decisions that will benefit the organization
- Ability to educate and train others in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to motivate others and gain buy-in as it relates to health, safety and environmental issues/topics
- Self-driven and goal-oriented
- Ability to work hands-on in corporate and industrial environments
- Ability to manage large projects within scope and budget
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Active listening skills
- Leadership skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Computer skills in MS Windows environment; proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel