Position Description: Responsible for placing and finishing concrete and repair materials.
Reports to: Concrete Foreman, Superintendent, and Trades Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set and check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed for concrete placement and finishing
- Understand and performs the finish of all concrete
- Place, spread, level, consolidate, and smooth concrete, using concrete pump, bucket, rake, vibrator, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Mix bagged concrete, grout, and repair materials per manufacturer instructions
- Understand and performs all patching and repair
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools
- Prepare existing surfaces to accept repair materials
- Apply curing, hardening, and sealing compounds and materials to the surface of concrete
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete.
- Operate equipment such as forklifts and powered finishing tools
- Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade employees/subcontractors compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying - Weights
Under 25 lbs
Over 50 lbs
Lifting/Lowering/Carrying – Ranges
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
Bending at waist (forward & sideways)
Hand / Wrist Flexion – Extension
Noise / Dust / Chemical Exposures
Confined Space Hazards
Working on Heights
Vision abilities required include
Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and focus
Hearing abilities required include
Hearing abilities required with or without the use of an aide
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
**May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Minimum of three (3) years of concrete experience
- Must be able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations and understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Hardworking And Dedicated